Am I doing enough?!?!?!?!

Options
I feel like I'm not doing the right thing! Will i lose weight and get in shape by walking on the treadmill at an incline of 5 at 3.5 mph-4.0 mph for 35 minutes? I'm very out of shape and this is still a little difficult for me, but during this workout my Heart Rate is around 165 and I can talk and not out of breath!! I also do about 30 minutes of weights!

Replies

• ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Start slow work your way up!! It wil come:)
  • Reka2011
    Reka2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yes, as long as you have watched your caloric intake and are exercising, you shall see some results! Good blessings on your journey!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    No you will not. BUT if you combine a diet that restricts your calorie intake to less than what you burn, AND if you push yourself every couple weeks to increase your exercise (in duration or intensity) then yes you will get in shape and lose weight.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Every week review how you are doing and if you can add another 5 minutes or a bit more of an incline to keep challenging yourself that would be great . . . but what you are doing is a perfect start!

Keep up the good work!
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    Sounds great - incline 5 is intense! And remember, you won't always be here. Once you start losing and feeling more fit you'll start to go faster and want to do other things as well. This is just your first step and it sounds like a good one.
  • ssarv2021
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone....GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
  • msarney
    Options
    Walking is the PERFECT way to lose weight and it sounds like you're doing just fine. 3.5-4 mph is a perfect start. Leslie Sansone's walk at home videos keep you at that pace and she always says you should be able to have a conversation. Just start slow, and work your way up to what you feel like you can tolerate. Sounds like you're doing great! Keep up the good work.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    Hmmm...making a great effort by walking on a treadmill and pushing yourself versus sitting on the couch watching tv and stuffing your face full of chips and unhealthy food. Do YOU think you're doing enough?
    (Hint: yeah!)
    :drinker:
  • StephanieSherie
    StephanieSherie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...making a great effort by walking on a treadmill and pushing yourself versus sitting on the couch watching tv and stuffing your face full of chips and unhealthy food. Do YOU think you're doing enough?

I agree!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options

agree, think you are doing fab! keep going and add 5 mins every other week as u will find that your endurance improves