Hot Yoga

Options
How many of you are doing Hot Yoga? For the people that are, do you know how many calories you burn?

I do it two days a week for 90 minutes, and 3-4 days of a regular gym workout on the other days, but the exercise tab on MFP only has regular yoga.

All your help would be greatly appreciative! Thanks!

Replies

• jackiewan
    jackiewan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing myself. I read that you can burn anywhere from 700 - 1000 calories in a 90 minute class. That sounds pretty high to me. But of course that also depends on how hard you are working. I think I push myself in the classes pretty hard, but I like to be conservative and put down about 685 calores per session.

How long have you been doing hot yoga for? I absolutely love it!
  • adcharbs
    adcharbs Posts: 1
    Options
    I started Hot Yoga a few weeks ago and love it! I've found on various websites that you burn anywhere from 600-1000 calories. It seems like a lot but I believe it!! I'm probably on the low end because of my skill level but I want to be on the hight end soon! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I used a HRM several times when doing Bikram Yoga. Not sure how different this is to 'Hot Yoga', but I burnt anywhere between 400 & 600 calories, depending on the heat of the room and my energy levels on the day.

Obviously each person would be different, depending on fitness level, weight etc.....

(I'm 169cm, 90kg to give you an idea if you may be similar!)