I Can't Believe This Is Happening!

Options
I've always been the chubby kid my entire life and as it turns out I became a "husky" man...as my mother calls it. To be honest, 270 pounds is a little past husky. Haha.

I first started counting my calories and making sure I wasn't overeating in December 2010. I then found MFP in either late December or early last month. In all (since December) I have lost 20 pounds and 15 of those were while using MFP. I have given up soda and replaced all drinks with water, besides milk in my oatmeal in the morning.

I have to say I never though in a million years I would be able to lose any kind of weight. I thought I was going to be the fat kid that kept getting fatter and would probably die young from heart disease or something. Let me tell you, have those thoughts changed.

Since I began counting calories, everything about me has changed. I'm now eating Quaker Oatmeal and a fiber bar for breakfast instead of Reese's Puffs and Rootbeer. I've been sweating my @$$ off doing 30 minute high intensity cardio workouts 3-5 times a week and I have never felt better.

Its amazing that all of the things that I used to think were impossible obstacles to overcome to lose weight have all become natural to me. I love where I'm headed and I'm not turning back because this is a lifestyle change for me. I guess I survived the "21 day period" in order for this to become a habit.

I would love to hear if anybody else has had a similar mindset in the past and has changed like me, and for those still trying...don't stop.

Replies

• skinnyack
    Options
    congrats! That's awesome!
  • orchid100
    orchid100 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    totally understand where you are comiong from ... i was always the happy , big girl of the crowd . The shoulder to cry on, always ther with a smile and a hug. My best friend had a baby last year and after seeing the pictures ( I like to be on the other side of the camera) i knew I had to do something ... to be honest I was gutted with what I saw.

But with the help of this site, new friends and loads of support in 18lb down and feeling great .

It`s going to be a long road but i`ll get there, we all will :) x
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm with you man.. I've been on here for about 12 days and already lost 5lbs, and like you, I never thought that this could happen for me. no turning back now.. WAY TO GO!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    congrats!!
  • loriefolk
    Options
    Congrats to you && you've got a good attitude!
  • HappyWith_3
    HappyWith_3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome story, thanks for sharing! I am just getting started, keep up the great work...
  • Jamiem2011
    Jamiem2011 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Keep it Up!
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have not had sugar. No white bread, no soda, nothing bad. I have replaced the soda with water, and the white bread and tortillas with multigrain or whole grain. I feel better than I have in years. I lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks.

My father in law (he is a dr) tells me it is amazing what your body can do when you feed it right.
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I've always been heavy. I had major surgery a few years ago and lost all the strength I had. I had to move carefully for 3 months and at the end of that time I had lost my flexibility.
    i startrd this trip Jan 3 and have lost 13 lbs. I have tons more energy and I sleep like a baby.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    I totally understand!!! All I've ever been good at is GAINING weight. I tried to do Weight Watchers last year and after 2 months had only lost 4 pounds.. I was always cranky and hungry...

But here I am... I joined this site on January 12th...since then, I have lost 16 pounds. It's incredible!!!

We can do this!! :-)
  • v1k1n95
    Options
    Wow! I love all of you for being so supportive!

@cat3nv: I have also traded in the white bread for wheat. After a good jog, when I have a little runner's high, I can't even force myself to eat white bread anymore. Its like my body has taken over and says ME WANT WHEAT! GIVE ME NOW!

@loriefolk: Thank you. You gotta have a positive outlook in order to change for the better :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!