Getting ready for my cruise!!

Options
Hi! My name is Kristen and I am 22 years old. My best friends and I are going on a cruise the end of May and i am hoping to get into better shape for it. I have worked out all through college, but I always tend to slack off after a few weeks...I guess I tend to get bored or unmotivated. I am hoping this site will help me with both obstacles!

Replies

• misterpiano
    Options
    Congratulations! Cruising is a great way to spend a vacation. Most of the cruise lines now have healthy choices for meals, but whatever...have a great time!
  • transparentjelly
    Options
    welcome!!! have fun on your cruise and i promise you will love it here plus everyone is so nice and they give lots of advice!
  • slbiggs15
    Options
    We are headed for a cruise as well in October and figured it was time to get serious. Hoping this will keep me motivated. Good luck on your goals!
  • darrenw74
    darrenw74 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have one comin up in April. Can't wait!
  • petey49
    petey49 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your cruise. One word of advice, don't beat yourself up while you enjoy the food, drinks and relaxation. Actually don't even think about it (okay maybe think about it a bit as you resist the third dessert). You paid good money for your holiday so enjoy it. You can work it off when you get back. It took me a few weeks to loose the extra weight I gained on my last cruise, but boy it was a great cruise.

If you stick to this site, log your calories, work out reasonably, set daily goals (just like AA one day at a time) you will be successful in heading towards a healthy life style.

If you get discouraged a quick post will result in tons of encouragment. It works for me. Thanks everyone.