OT: Lindsay's a writing machine!!

Options
so, as alot of you know, i'm a writer. i write play, feature articles, poetry and i am currently working on a novel. i am also a photographer.

well since spring i have sold 8 feature articles and 2 images! i'm so freakin' excited. i really thought that i would make no money ever in my life as a writer, but it turns out i have a real knack for article writing (like editorials you read in the paper).

so even thought the total payout is only about 300 bucks for the lot, it really makes me feel good about myself, and gives me reasons to be happy.

i was feeling sad this morning about having missed the stagette last night, but when i work up there was a message in my email asking for publishing permission for an article i wrote about pit bulls. it's going to make me smile for the whole day!

thanks to everyone for supporting me and not letting me fall into the pit of depression. just having things to look forward to and accomplishing goals (even if they are not weight-loss related) has really helped my happiness.

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    so, as alot of you know, i'm a writer. i write play, feature articles, poetry and i am currently working on a novel. i am also a photographer.

well since spring i have sold 8 feature articles and 2 images! i'm so freakin' excited. i really thought that i would make no money ever in my life as a writer, but it turns out i have a real knack for article writing (like editorials you read in the paper).

so even thought the total payout is only about 300 bucks for the lot, it really makes me feel good about myself, and gives me reasons to be happy.

i was feeling sad this morning about having missed the stagette last night, but when i work up there was a message in my email asking for publishing permission for an article i wrote about pit bulls. it's going to make me smile for the whole day!

thanks to everyone for supporting me and not letting me fall into the pit of depression. just having things to look forward to and accomplishing goals (even if they are not weight-loss related) has really helped my happiness.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful. Writing is such a hard nut to crack. Congrats:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    That's wonderful :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow!!

Congrats to you! That is absolutely wonderful! You must be SO proud!

Keep up the great work!!!! :bigsmile:
    -Tami
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    That's WONDERFUL! Congratulations :)
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That's really amazing. Good job to you!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Can I just say --AWESOME!! I have a few friends who are published and it is tough, tough, tough!! Way to go!!!!

Now, keep with the positive and brush off the negative!! :happy:
  • JeremyInvincible
    JeremyInvincible Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    That rocks!!!!