tons of calories left over?

Options
pretty much every day for me , after dinner i still usually have around 400-700 calories left..
i never know what to do with these calories because i dont want to just pig out and eat chocolate, cake, etc.
but every healthy food is not enough caloriess!
soo, i never know what to do or eat? because i usually eat dinner around 6 or 7. and all i eat after dinner is a snack at around 9 or 10.
so i dont have time for another meal.. ?
any suggestions?

Replies

• lenz0820
    Options
    dont use them....you will loose weight faster
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    eat more breakfast, load up at the start of the day top get your metabolism moving. also work in a snack at 11 and 3pm, nuts, trail mix etc are good for you and full of calories, a couple of handfulls will give you an extra 400 calories easily .
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Well, a little more information is needed here. How many calories are you supposed to have per day? How many calories extra are from exercise?

700 is an awful lot to have left over. I've seen a few on here how don't eat enough of their exercise calories and dont lose weight because they read their plateau and throw their body into starvation mode.
    Another question. Are you losing weight?
  • Superrhi
    Options
    I have the same problem! i usualy have around 200-300 left. So i just leave them... :/
    Maybe a bigger breakfast or slightly increasing your portion sizes? ummm.
  • pinktreehands
    Options
    eat more breakfast, load up at the start of the day top get your metabolism moving. also work in a snack at 11 and 3pm, nuts, trail mix etc are good for you and full of calories, a couple of handfulls will give you an extra 400 calories easily .

This is a wonderful suggestion! :)
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat more calories and not in a pigging out kind of way after dinner, try adding something healthy to each of your meals like a granola bar or fruit.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though, I usually can eat another 1400 calories when the day is done and I haven't and have lost 27 lbs in about 25 days. Granted I have a bunch to lose, but that calorie total is if you want to lose one or two pounds per week or whatever you set your goals at when you started.
  • PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    pretty much every day for me , after dinner i still usually have around 400-700 calories left..
    i never know what to do with these calories because i dont want to just pig out and eat chocolate, cake, etc.
    soo, i never know what to do or eat? because i usually eat dinner around 6 or 7. and all i eat after dinner is a snack at around 9 or 10.
    any suggestions?

I checked out your diary, you are way under your cals & nowhere near the recommended minimum 1200 cal per day! You will definitely put your body into starvation mode of you continue to stay way under. I agree, you probably should eat more at breakfast time. And it's really poor advice to not use them, so please do not listen to the people that tell you not to eat them! try adding peanut butter to your snacks.
  • jennlee80
    Options
    Eating more at breakfast or early in the day is a great suggestion! I think you need to make sure you're at least over 1,200 calories on a daily basis! Nuts & Seeds help to add some calories and protein into your diet!
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I agree! You're way under your calories! You need to "eat" at least 1200 calories a day! Eat more in the morning, nuts, protein/fiber bar, cereal, anything!
    any suggestions?

I checked out your diary, you are way under your cals & nowhere near the recommended minimum 1200 cal per day! You will definitely put your body into starvation mode of you continue to stay way under. I agree, you probably should eat more at breakfast time. And it's really poor advice to not use them, so please do not listen to the people that tell you not to eat them! try adding peanut butter to your snacks.