Amazing Mayo Replacement

Options
Salpica
Salpica Posts: 205 Member
I've been craving a tuna fish sandwich lately but growing up we'd always have mayo in it. Well I knew I couldn't use mayo, and really didn't like the idea of low fat mayo either. So I tried something to replace it I had heard about and it worked amazing!

2 Tbsp Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt 0% Fat

1Tbsp Mustard (Add different mustard flavors to try it out)

A pinch of salt and pepper.

That's less than 20 calories and you can get the Oikos Yogurt at Wal-Mart! And that amount would work perfect for a spread on a sandwich or to mix with your tuna fish!

I'm sure this has been posted before many of times but this definitely adds a low calorie addition to a sandwich.

Replies

• Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Awesome idea!
    Reading around here, apparently Greek yogurt is like ambrosia lol :)
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!!
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I make mine with curry (instead of mustard powder) and its fantastic on sandwiches, turkey burgers, etc
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this! I love mayo on my tuna sandwich so i will be trying this instead!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer the extra light mayo over the normal one so not a problem for me but i'm sure greek yoghurt can be used to replace many things so thanks for that
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    love yogurt, use it for potato salad, slaw etc but never thought to add mustartd, thanks.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I kept seeing this in the corner of my screen and I was thinking Mayo Clinic. Duhhhh :) LOL
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I kept seeing this in the corner of my screen and I was thinking Mayo Clinic. Duhhhh :) LOL
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Nope, not a recipe for do it yourself chemo or radiation!

I'm going to try and make some type of chicken salad for sandwiches here this week.
  • ywellc
    Options
    When I make chicken salad I like to use a small amount of canola mayo, some dijon mustard and then I add a bunch of wickles relish, and some chopped onion or green onion. Sometimes I will also add some chopped hard boiled egg white.

If you have not had wickles relish, you should look for it. It is very tasty! I bought mine at Safeway, so it should be in most standard grocery stores.

Even with the small amount of mayo, it is still healthy and low cal. I will try it with greek yogurt next time and see how it comes out.
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer the extra light mayo over the normal one so not a problem for me but i'm sure greek yoghurt can be used to replace many things so thanks for that
    Me too
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hey! That's really cool! Thanks. I hard resorted to just tuna, to avoid the mayo. :bigsmile: