night eater

Options
dkelz
dkelz Posts: 19 Member
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site but been trying to get my weight under control for 10 yrs. I know what I need to how and what to eat and not eat. My problem is I eat late at night. I've tried eating breakfast and small meals throughout the day. But I'm one of those people that can't stand breakfast! I can't eat untill lunch time. I'm just never hungry till then. But then I eat all day long. Anyone have tips they can share?

Replies

• 147to111
    Options
    I'm the exact same way, but i'm in the process of fixing it. Personally, I force myself to have breakfast. And whenever i'm craving alittle too much throughout the day (or too late at night), I drink just enough water to feel slightly sick. I guarantee you wont want to eat after that :P
  • dkelz
    Options
    I've tried forcing myself too. I couldn't stick with it. But I'm a stubborn girl! I'm gonna keep at it! Thanks for responding....it was starting to feel a litlle lonely on here!:tongue:
  • jessica_pedini
    Options
    hey everybody i am new to fitnesspal and i was looking for some much needed support and encouragement. I know i need a change and i wanna be in shape and healthy again but i have PTSD and im bipolar so sometimes my moods get in the way of exersice or controlling my impulses. Ive never done a weight loss thing on the computar b4 but im willing to try to become healthy. If anybody has any tips on healthy eating or effective weight loss workouts im all ears!!!!!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Nothing says you have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast. Just try to have some lean protein, some dairy, some fruit with potassium, and some fiber. So, a turkey burger on a whole wheat bun, a 6 oz cup of Fage 0% fat Greek Yogurt with some no-sugar added strawberry jam or a sliced banana stirred in would cover the bases.

My hubby NEVER ate breakfast until he had a heart attack six years ago and had to change his lifestyle. You can learn to do it when you have no choice. You do have a choice. Do it now before you are forced to do it by heart disease.
  • ibba
    ibba Posts: 9
    Options
    Save a few calories for the evening, maybe have half of your dinner at dinner time and then have some more when you feel like snacking? Also what i tend to do is if i'm feeling hungry in the evening is boil some cabbage leaves and put a bit of soy sauce on them, they're a great snack and you can eat quite alot without consuming alot of calories :)
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Im the same way Hate breakfast and rarely hungry at dinner either ...I did force myself to drink a protien shakes for a while with vitamins in the morning and that didn't last ...most of the time I don't eat until 7pm ...my time to eat is when watching tv . :smile: I find that if I eat breakfast or even dinner Im starving all day after and go way over my calories ...So I wouldn't stress about it if you losing weight and still getting you calories ...I'd just say to hell with it and do what your body wants:laugh:
  • dkelz
    Options
    Im the same way Hate breakfast and rarely hungry at dinner either ...I did force myself to drink a protien shakes for a while with vitamins in the morning and that didn't last ...most of the time I don't eat until 7pm ...my time to eat is when watching tv . :smile: I find that if I eat breakfast or even dinner Im starving all day after and go way over my calories ...So I wouldn't stress about it if you losing weight and still getting you calories ...I'd just say to hell with it and do what your body wants:laugh:

Yeah! To hell with it! Lol! I might try the protein shake idea tho! But what kind? Slimfast has too many calories I think. Ill do some research on that! Thanks everyone!