heavy lunch, but low in calories

Options
I'm looking for some ideas on how I can eat a heavier lunch, but keep the calories low, like around 350. For example, for breakfast, I eat oatmeal and two slices of bacon and it's 285 calories. BUT it keeps me full from 7 to about noon.

Does anyone have ideas? Please stick to using stuff that you would regularly have in the house. Like i have bread, sammie meat, PB&J, etc.

Thanks so much for you help in advance.

Replies

• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    2 fried eggs on one slice of wholegrain toast (or my preference: english muffin - that way each egg gets its own bit of bread), with a side of carrot sticks and green beans. I have a really good non-stick fry pan so I don't have to use any oil or butter to fry the eggs. Calorie count comes out to around 300.
  • mizliz1981
    Options
    I think lean meats would fill you up like turkey or chicken breast. Also, a really hearty bread. I do a lot of avocado on rice cakes for snacks. As well as salads that are full with veggies because they don't really have any calories at all it seems.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some ideas on how I can eat a heavier lunch, but keep the calories low, like around 350. For example, for breakfast, I eat oatmeal and two slices of bacon and it's 285 calories. BUT it keeps me full from 7 to about noon.

Does anyone have ideas? Please stick to using stuff that you would regularly have in the house. Like i have bread, sammie meat, PB&J, etc.

Thanks so much for you help in advance.

Thick bread like a thick baguette with some mayo/mustard on it and some fresh deli meats (we buy it 2x a week so it's fresh from the deli counter) and make your own sammie. We have this every day and it's pretty good. There seems to be a huge diff between the taste of fresh Boar's Head (for instance) deli meats (say from Whole Foods) and the Oscar Meyer, etc stuff that I'm not too keen on, the taste from the deli meats are much tastier, slightly more expensive but fresher.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Root vegetables. Turnips, carrots, squash, onions. I broil them, roast them, mash them. Anything. And soups that have lots of veggies - split pea, beef stew...