NSV - Girl pushups

Options
ajbeans
ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
So, this is kind of a lame victory, but I was super proud of myself. Today I did 10 girl pushups without cheating or feeling like I was going to die. And THEN I held a straight-arm plank for 30 full seconds, again without cheating or feeling like I was going to die. Woot! I also made it all the way through my 20 minutes of EA Sports Active cardio kickstart today without sitting down or pausing the game to take a water break.

I know so many people here are celebrating much bigger victories, but I've been SUCH a wuss since I graduated high school. It made me feel good to get through my workout without taking a break today.

Replies

• liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Way To GO!
  • cjudesaenz
    cjudesaenz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!... I too am doing the ea active 2 and love it.... stick with it your gonna do great if you do
  • MelanieM81
    MelanieM81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thats Great!! :smile:
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The secret to a happy life (or at least what I've been able to put together thus far) is celebrating the small accomplishments and victories.

Waiting for some big accomplishment or victory before you celebrate leads to a very unhappy state of mind, because at what point is something "worth it" or "great enough" to celebrate.

BTW - CONGRATS! Sounds like you have been working very hard to get to that point, and, coming from someone who has a ways to go to even get there, that is awesome!

Keep it up!
  • canucklynn
    canucklynn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You know what a wuss is?

Someone who doesn't even try.

I don't care if it was only 3 girl push ups, you are NOT a wuss!
    The road to those big milestones you talked about, are paved with this mini success stories.
    Don't deny your successes in comparison to others because your little successes are leading to the same place...SOMETHING WONDERFUL!

Keep up the great work!
  • tarrox
    tarrox Posts: 47
    Options
    That's not lame at all! That's a big deal! Congrats!
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congrats. It is the little things that can keep us going. I am still having problems with girl push-ups. They are getting a little better, but still are difficult. Hopefully soon I will be able to really get them down.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    You know what a wuss is?

Someone who doesn't even try.

Then I was a wuss. :laugh:

Thanks guys. I hesitated about posting this here, but then I was like, you know what, I'm happy! The biggest reason I'm here is to get healthier and stronger and increase my endurance -- the pounds are secondary to that. And so if those are my goals, then I'm making steps toward them, and that makes me happy. :happy:
  • petey49
    petey49 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Remember when one was hard. Bit by bit we get stronger and healthier.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    That's great! (and more than I can do at the moment!)
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    That's great! Except for calling them "girl" push-ups. That's pretty lame.
    :noway:
  • ajbeans
    Options
    That's great! Except for calling them "girl" push-ups. That's pretty lame.

Um... sorry? I'm a girl. I've always heard them called girl pushups. *shrug*

No. I'm not sorry. I was happy about it. Too bad I can't be PC enough for everybody when I'm celebrating my success.
  • Scidoc
    Scidoc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yay! Strong lady!! <3 It is a big achievement :)

I have no upper body strength at all....so you can just call me fish-paws.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    so you can just call me fish-paws.

hahaha
  • Scidoc
    Scidoc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    so you can just call me fish-paws.

hahaha

lol....yes slightly slimy and cold and no ability to grip, dats moi.
  • khanamura
    khanamura Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuff! If you really want to improve your push-ups, I started off barely being able to do one full push-up. After a few months, I was able to do 37 in two minutes. (Not all that great, but a huge improvement for me). I did them EVERYWHERE. When I woke up in the morning, get on the floor and knockout ten (female push-ups in your situation). Go to the bathroom, knockout ten (against the sink, so it's like a half standing up pushup). After you get out the shower, knockout ten again on the sink. Get ready. Before you leave, knock out ten. At work or school, and you go to the bathroom, knockout ten against the sink. Come home after a long day, knockout ten on the sink. Before you go to bed, knockout ten regular pushups (female pushups for you). Do it everyday, and your pushup game will increase. You need to build those muscles. Best workout, use your own body weight.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Awesome stuff! If you really want to improve your push-ups, I started off barely being able to do one full push-up. After a few months, I was able to do 37 in two minutes. (Not all that great, but a huge improvement for me). I did them EVERYWHERE. When I woke up in the morning, get on the floor and knockout ten (female push-ups in your situation). Go to the bathroom, knockout ten (against the sink, so it's like a half standing up pushup). After you get out the shower, knockout ten again on the sink. Get ready. Before you leave, knock out ten. At work or school, and you go to the bathroom, knockout ten against the sink. Come home after a long day, knockout ten on the sink. Before you go to bed, knockout ten regular pushups (female pushups for you). Do it everyday, and your pushup game will increase. You need to build those muscles. Best workout, use your own body weight.

Thanks! That's a good idea! I do want to build up my arms because they're like wet noodles. I'll try that, just doing them everywhere. My goal (long-long-LONG-term) is to be able to do 50 straight pushups. I think I might throw a party when I reach that point. :laugh:
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Progress is certainly a reason to be excited! And there's no reason to compare yourself to anyone else! It's those little personal victories that keep us motivated! :smile:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's where it begins.
  • hotmooglelove
    Options
    Congrats, EA sports is awesome!

Don't feel bad about just doing "girl" push-ups, your choice of exercise is an important factor in your body sculpting journey! Knee push-ups are great for long lean aerobic muscle, It's not uncommon to purposely avoid "guy" push-ups when one doesn't want bulky triceps =)

If you want to build up your endurance, do as many bent knee push-ups as you can right after you finish your knee push-ups!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!