hello! looking for friends :)

Options
hi! I've been on MFP for around a week now. I've been wanting to get fit for a while and now that I graduated college, I'm ready for changes!

I'm 22, 5'2" and gain most of my weight around my lovehandles, hips and thighs, and would LOVE for it to go away. I've been strength training every other day for around 45 minutes and then jogging/walking for a mile right after. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I'm impatient and have not noticed any results apart from being slightly stronger.

Also, I'd love to make friends on here, since support can really keep us going!

Replies

• sarasotatim
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! :) Feel free to add me!
  • littlelionesslove
    Options
    Hey!! We're almost the same height!! I gain all over though lol.
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been here a little over a week now.. I've picked up a few friends along the way. Other peoples support is definitely a great motivator!

Good luck! :)
  • katiefraay
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    And welcome, I started a few days ago.
  • HungryTuna
    Options
    Welcome! You're like me, I put the weight on in my lower half too. Good luck to you! I sent you a friend request :)
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    welcome. results take a while to show, and its hard to tell by looking in the mirror. but when you need to pull your belt in another notch, and people are commenting on how good you look it will be worth the effort.
    good luck & feel free to add me for motivation/abuse ;)
  • dkelz
    dkelz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I could use some friends on here too! I think being in the short range like we are.....putting on the lbs is worse for us than taller people. Its a curse! Lol Anyone feel free to add me! And good luck!
  • pwodek
    pwodek Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am just a impatient as you are but trust me little changes make big results in the
    end. I have two young boys but find at least 30 min a day to workout. Feel free to add
    me as a friend the more support and encouragement you have the more chance you have
    of reaching your goal.
  • winefine1
    Options
    Hello ! my name is winefine1 and I just wanted to say hi!, and that I need a friend too. We all need the encouragement and lets help keep each other up and going.

Thanks,
    Winefine1
  • rsmith413
    Options
    Hello, I just started yesterday and i'm already frustrated.. I can't seem to figure out the exercise portion of fitness pal.
  • Amanda2903
    Options
    Nice exercising! And welcome :smile: haha I love those smilies... I just joined to
  • transparentjelly
    Options
    hey im new here too and i want burn fat and i want to give advice to people so im here to help!! need help just ask!! you can add me if you want!:happy:
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new life! I have been here two weeks now and love it. The people here are super supportive and friendly. no judging here. Feel free to add me. You have made a great step to permanent weight loss, and it is so much more easier and fun with friends! :glasses:
  • ragley
    Options
    I just joined also and need all the help I can get. Hope you meet your goal and we can be there for each other !
  • weisshunt2
    weisshunt2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've only been here for about 2 weeks..not doing great but it could be worse. I am handicapped and can not
    really do any exercise. I am only 5'2 and the pounds are all over.
    One thing I really like here is everyone seems very freindly and supportive. So lets be friends!
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    Hey, I'm working on my muffin top too :) Go ahead and add me if you want!
  • es5864
    es5864 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey there! Welcome to MFP! I have only been here for about a week as well, I really like it! Having support from friends on here keeps me accountable and motivates me! Feel free to add me girlfriend! :happy:
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you like :happy: There are plenty of twenty-somethings on here trying to get healthy and live their best life! :heart:
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone new. I have been here since November and I love it. I have done so much better over these last few months than I have over the last couple of years.

Please feel free to add me. We all need friends who can support each other and encourage each other through the good days and bad.