Just learned this myself. Bump will save message under "my topics"
  • kludwig04
    kludwig04 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    YUMMMMM - I will be trying these as soon as I get a brownie mix! Thanks!

The recipe calls for cake mix, NOT brownie mix. You can probably do it with brownie mix: I accidentally picked one up and made the pumpkin/cake mix muffins with it. But they were much denser than normal and had a lot more sugar and cals.
  • RachelleStarson
    RachelleStarson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
    1can black beans per box of brownie mix
    blend beans till liquefied water and all
    mix well with brownie mix and bake

I like to 2x it and use my large pyrex baking dish, everyone loves these and they are approx 90 cal a brownie
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy
  • emilyhbrown
    Options
    Bump
  • teach1975
    Options
    I'll have to try these! Thanks!
  • mari0605
    mari0605 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just baked a batch and my family loved them...I didn't tell them they were made with only yogurt & water. Love it, no oil no butter, amazing! Thank you for the recipe.
  • rachelily
    rachelily Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I made these and they are super moist and tasty! However, with devil's food cake mix they aren't insanely chocolately. I wonder if adding a little unsweetened cocoa powder would help? The pumpkin adds a lovely sweetness so I don't think it would make it bitter.
  • Kid70
    Kid70 Posts: 36
    Options
    I made the Hungry Girl "Death by Chocolate Cake Cones" last night. So good and so easy. Easily portioned because of each cupcake being in the ice cream cone. Only 93 cal each. Posted them somewhere else last night, but here they are again. Here's the recipe:

Death By Chocolate Cone Cakes 1 cone: 93 cal, 2.5 gfat, 130 mg sodium, 16g carbs, 1 g prot

For cone cakes:
    12 cake (flat-bottom) cones
    1 C. moist-style choc cake mix (1/4th of an 18.25oz. box)
    One 25 cal. packet diet hot cocoa mix
    1/4 C. fat-free liquid egg sub
    2 tsp. mini semi sweet choc. chips

For topping:
    1 Jello Sugar Free Double Chocolate Pudding Snack
    2 Tbsp choc frosting
    2 Tbsp rainbow sprinkles

Preheat to 350. In a medium mixing bowl, combine pudding and frosting, stirring until mixed well. Refrigerate until cakes are ready to be frosted. Place mini choc chips and contents of cocoa pkt in a tall glass. Add 1/4 C. boiling water. Stir until chips & cocoa until dissolved. Add 1/4 cup cold water and stir well. Place cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Add cocoa mixture and egg sub, and whip batter with a fork or whisk for 2 minutes. Set aside. Make sure cones stay upright/sit flat. Place each cone upright in a cup of a 12 cup muffin pan. Carefully spoon batter into cones until cones are a little more than halfway full. Allow cones to sit for a few minutes while batter settles. Very carefully transfer pan to the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool Cone Cakes completely, then evenly distribute frosting mixture over the cupcakes, covering the tops entirely. Add 1/2 tsp. sprinkles to the top of each frosted Cone Cake. Makes 12 svgs.
  • gypsie_soul
    Options
    Ok, so we just tried these and while they are good...they could be better. I used the devils food but it still wasn't "chocolatey" enough. I think if I added more cocoa powder I would enjoy these more, but when you just need a fix, they will suffice. Also, instead of using a 9X13 pan, I used a cupcake pan. A box of cake mix makes 24 cupcakes and since the original here calls for 12 servings I can half my calories. I also used a reduced sugar cake mix, which also reduces my calories. Will definitly be tweeking these some more. I'll keep y'all updated on my experiments :).
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emilyhbrown
    Options
    bump