p90x diet plan

Options
I know alot of people are doing the p90x work out are you also doing the diet plan? Just curious on results with it. i was thinking about starting it because just counting cals is not working for me right now, my body needs a jumpstart!

Replies

• nlassite
    nlassite Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My cousin did both and she really got in shape. she abs and everything.
  • dannyburks
    dannyburks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My 25 year old sun did p90x and lost 40 lbs and is in the best shape of his life. My wife and I are considering starting it.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    There are 2 main approaches that my clients doing P90X have had the most success doing. It's not all just about the calories - it's really all about the macronutrients.

Plan 1)

50% Protein / 30% Carbs / 20% Fat

Plan 2)

35% Protein / 5% Carbs / 60% Fat

Honestly, they both work really well, but I tell my clients - you gotta stick to one! Basically I ask them to name their all time favorite dinner foods (not deserts/snacks - obviously none are good). If they name steak, pork chops - then Plan 2 - if they name pasta, pizza then Plan 1. Either way - unless you've gone in and changed your protein settings, your protein will be way too low on the standard MFP settings. Bump that up to at least 30% no matter which diet plan you pick!

Best of luck - hit me up if you have any questions :)

Steve
    KnightFit.com
  • LisaLeslieFitness
    Options
    P90X is an awesome workout. I also use P90X+, an extension of the program. I have a hard time following a "diet" per se. I just try to review the diet plan to learn what to avoid - I already know to avoid the trans fats (mainly from preservatives - I remember this because it preserves the fat cells on my hips and buttocks.) Remember that with P90X, you are gaining lean muscle mass, so look more towards clothing fit and feel rather than the scale. It is kind of hard to get used to that mentality, just stick with it and you will see results.

I am looking for people on MyFitnessPal to help keep me on point. Accountability is a key - friend me and we can hold each other accountable?