Zumba

Options
I've been contemplating getting Zumba for a while. Are the steps difficult to follow? I'm interested in the Zumba dvd Set.

Replies

• Fayegill
    Fayegill Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba - It's so much fun and really easy to follow.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba also !
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I dont know about the dvd, but i go to the classes and its the best!
    At least in the privacy of your own home you can pause and replay till you get the steps, right??

:)
  • nlassite
    nlassite Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba so much, I am getting certified. I go to every class I can at my gym. You will have so much fun, the time will pass by so fast. Don't watch the clock. LOL!
  • Sheryljohnston
    Options
    I love Zumba. But you have to give it a chance. Don't give up after the few couple sessions. The moves will come. Great fun.
  • squinina
    Options
    I take Zumba at my gym. The first class I took,I walked out of half way through. I felt ridiculous. I decided to try it again and now I love it and try to take every chance I can. It is a little discouraging at first but once you get it down the moves are easy to follow. It is SO fun and I cant believe I get such a good workout and have so much fun doing it.
  • jennymagoo
    Options
    I do the Wii Zumba and I love it. The moves are intimidating at first, but once you're comfortable with the movements you can really burn some calories!

3660005.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I thought id be really good at it because I've always been a great dancer... I spent most of my first class laughing at myself! But 8 keep going back because it's a great break from my daily running routine... and it's an all around burn which I like a lot... just give yourself time to adjust and take as many breaks as you need, you'll still burn tons of calories!! HAVE FUN!!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Thanks Everyone I've been watching some previews of it on Youtube and I'm Not that coordinated but I think I may give it a shot anyways I just figured, hey, I could either completely fall in love with it or If not I could sell it and just be out a couple bucks

I've also noticed that the Dvd's sold seperately can be very costly It's best to just buy the whole set with the maracas

One more thing, for those of you who have the Dvd set does the Materials give you a workout routine (ex. Mon Cardio Party Tues 20 minute express Etc)
  • Randie2002
    Options
    There is a class at my gym that I have been thinking of trying but I was afraid I would fall flat on my face lol so I looked it up on youtube and the steps dont look that hard. I tried a few and it was fun.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    MUST try this, everyone raves about it and i have yet to even give it a go
  • vabheegaard
    Options
    You have t do it!! my gym offers it 2 times a week and there are literally about 70 to 100 people on the gym floor doing it. Do the best you can. You will catch on. I lose anywhere from 600 to 800 calories in every Zumba class.
  • gregory05us
    gregory05us Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I went to one class and was hooked! Now I go 3-4 times a week. I've only been doing it 4 weeks now, and finally getting the moves down. I still mess up, but the thing is everyone else does too. Try it out, you'll LOVE IT!!!