I really hope this works...

Options
Hello to the fitnesspal world. I just joined tonight and hope my motivation doesn't die by tomorrow. I"m currently over 300 lbs and just got married so can't start the family until some of the weight comes off! In addition, I am finding that I"m getting sick often and I can only believe that it is associated with the fact that I'm severely out of shape.
I figured I would start with this application on my IPhone and I"m considering joining Planet Fitness nearby my home but I'm not even sure what type of exercises to start with.
Anyway, wanted to introduce myself and figured if I posted it would make this sign up more real.
Good luck to us all! :smile:

Replies

• loseit4good52
    Options
    WELCOME!! I am fairly new here too and I have lost 13 lbs..I would NOT have been able to do it had it not been for this amazing site. The people you meet are so motivating . Be sure to track everything you eat and any exercises...that too is a great motivator! Good luck and you can add me as a friend if you'd like! The more friends you have the better ! :flowerforyou:
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    If I can do it, you can do it. Find your stubborn streak and use it to your advantage. Focus on what you need to do to be HEALTHY - the weight will fall in line with that.
  • biggerpix
    Options
    Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping this works should read "I can't wait to see the results". Stay possitive!!!! Loosing weight has just as much to do with changing your eating habits and exercise as it does changing your attitude. You will stumble through it at first and have set backs...but you will recover from them. Motivation starts with thinking "yes I can." 3 months ago, I could barely walk fast on the treadmillfor 30 minutes without hurting all over and breathing heavy. Now...I go for 2 hours and barely break a sweat. I've come a long way. You can too. You're doing this as much for yourself as you are to meet your goal of getting pregnant and being in shape to keep up with a baby/toddler. Join that gym...get out and walk...eat lots of fish and green veggies (very low in fat and carbs and calories).
    Welcome to MFP and happy loosing.
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Good luck, you'll love the support and friends on this site! :flowerforyou:
  • nevergonnagiveup
    Options
    Congratulations on your marriage! Start to an exciting life! Firstly, take one day at a time until you get the hang of it. Consider walking - it works, it's free, you can do it with a friend or pooch (foster one for walks if need be :) ) plus being outdoors is good for the mind, soul and body...great thinking time (positive thoughts of course! :wink: ) Don't punish yourself if you get off track - forgive yourself, maybe think about why it happened, get up and start again...your past is NOT your future! Keep telling yourself that! Hold that man of your's hand...given a chance he can be a great support (mine is :D) Try not to think too much regards weight, focus on health...that is what you would like to give your lovely baby when the time comes...to be there for them. The weight loss will follow without so much stressing on weight loss. This is what worked and is working for me still. Your man loves you, so make sure you love yourself as well :flowerforyou: Oh and don't forget to fill up on fresh, wholesome, delicious healthy food - not packet stuff. Your body doesn't like packet stuff! Lots of lovely water to help your body deal with the changes it will be going through and you are on your way!!!
  • 40rocks
    Options
    Welcome!

I have been on the site for approximately a month, and although I had started losing weight before I joined, I have seen so much more progress since I've been here. I have lost a total of 17 pounds (I have to update my ticker!) and I have gone from being out of shape to having quite a bit of endurance (cardio speaking). My advice is to take advantage of as many of the features of this site as possible, as it seems the more one is involved, the more they succeed. It is like the difference between jumping in with both feet or dipping a toe in the water. I encourage you to jump in. Commit you YOURSELF, because doing it for others isn't quite the same. You've already taken a big step by joining and posting. Every day is a new day! Set mini-goals and celebrate every milestone from the first pound to your goal.

Best wishes! :happy:
  • srs1881
    Options
    Welcome I am new too. I have struggled with weight for a long time but the positiveness of this site makes me feel like I really might make it this time. If you would like feel free to friend me. We can support each other.

As far as exorcises to start with I would have to put my weight behind walking as well. If you suffer from knee or back pain and have access to a pool. You can walk laps in a pool. It provides resistance and is much better on your joints.

Good Luck! I am sure you can do it!
  • me061981
    me061981 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support! <3 I did join the gym tonight and walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill. I feel great! I look forward to loosing weight and using the site. Everyone thus far has been so welcoming and just amazing.
    Thank you again!!