NSV that I'm so psyched about!!

Options
I am training for my first full marathon. I started my training the 2nd week of January. I've completed 7 half marathons so far, and my fastest time has been 3 hours and 25 min. That is a pace of just under 16 min miles. People can walk faster than I jog. I have never been able to jog the entire half marathon. My goal is to be able to run the entire full. Tonight, I was scheduled to do 8 miles at a 16:47 pace (which is about 3.6 mph on the treadmill). I started my jog at 3.6 mph. I jogged for a full 2 miles and felt great so I bumped it up to 3.8 mph. I did another 2 miles. Got crazy and bumped it up to 4.0 mph (15 min mile). I jogged that for 3 miles. Then my final mile I bumped up the treadmill to 4.2 mph, which is 14:17 min mile. Not one time did I have to walk. I actually jogged an entire 8 miles!! And increased my speed while doing it. I am so psyched and am feeling so positive about my first marathon!!

Replies

• meg427
    Options
    Congrats thats so awesome!
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to hear how your marathon goes!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats, you've progressed so much!! That's inspiring :D
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting to 2 miles! You are doing wonderfully!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just started c25k... you are giving me hope that I can even do that, as I can currently only make it about 1/2 mile! However, since my previous view on running was "only if I'm being chased", even that is an improvement. Yay to both of us, for small victories that add up over time--I can do 1/2 mile and you can do 8 :bigsmile:
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    That is INCREDIBLE!!! I don't think I have ever jogged for 1 mile straight, let alone 8 - you are SO inspiring!!!
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is really awesome.