This is so much fun!

Options
Hi I'm Steve, I'm 36 and just started this 3 days ago.
I recently stopped playing indoor soccer due to an out of town work project, and at the same time spend 3 days a week eating in restaurants. I knew I had to do something to even just maintain my weight, but I figured I could probably afford to lose about 15 lbs too.
My wife got me started and she is super motivated and that makes a huge difference with both spouses gung-ho about this!
I've been completely hooked on the iPhone app entering the numbers and am amazed that it has numbers for everything we have eaten so far.
In addition to watching our calorie intake we're also being very careful about what types of calories we eat - no sugars or HFCS, watching sodium levels, trying to use good carbs - Millet, Spelt breads, rice and lentils.

I'm finding that when I eat healthy food, I can not even meet the calorie limit for the day! I'm absolutely full most meals, just by changing proportions of vegetables to carbs and protein.

A typical dinner used to be 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% veggies..

Now it's more like 50% veggies, 25% carbs and 25% protein.

Loving it so far. Lost 3 lbs already in as many days.

The true test will be the next 3 days which will be my first out of town days on this program.

Wish me luck!

SW: 175
CW: 172
GW: 160

Replies

• nessieday
    nessieday Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!! Make good choices and you will be just fine :) Kuddos to you and your wife for doing it together!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    good luck to you and your wife :)
  • orbrit
    Options
    I did it!

I spent 3 days eating in restaurants working out of town, and was still able to stay under my daily calorie goal and even lose weight.
    Lost another 1 lb while I was gone!

My wife is completely on fire about his program.

She is riding her bike to pick up our daughter from school (with a Burley trailer) so she's getting a 700 calorie workout in every day!
    She's lost almost 10 lbs in under 2 weeks.

4619031.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter