In between sizes

Options
Hi all, I have a bit of a situation here, since I started MFP I have dropped 5lbs and although the numbers on my scale has not move in weeks I do noticed that I have slimmed down, so much that my size 11 pants are to big but size 10 are a little tight for what I care for them to be. When wearing my size 11 pants I take my belt to the last notch but my pants look funny that way especially in the front. I'm glad that I'm slimming but I am haviing a wardrobe issue because of this. Has anyone else faced this issue and if so how did you resolve being in between sizes?

Replies

• maggieschuck
    Options
    I use it as a reason to buy a new pair of pants. You have to shop for your age and body shape. I work at Christopher and Bank part time. Its targeted for woman in their 50-60's but I love their jeans. They are below the belly button, modern cut and boot cut. They give a little bit so I can go down one size and now be uncomfortable. At CB Im size 12 but in Levi Im a 14. I'll go with the smaller size. Thank You!

Just hang in there. There are going to be a few more stages where you'll between sizes. Try new brands and styles. Have fun with it. Enjoy the new you.
  • TherealBerrymama
    Options
    Hello, Yes I have experienced this on many occassions during my weight loss journey. My resolve has been a couple of options. One I do get a smaller belt and just hold on to my loose fitting pants. I do not wear the smaller size because I feel so uncomfortable. My girlfriend has suggested going to the local goodwill, consignment shop to buy clothes rather than spend money on new items that you will just be to small for. I realized I needed to take heed to this advice, when I went out a couple of weekends ago, bout some cute skinny jeans and by the end of the week they fit quite loose. I could have saved nt 15.00 and purchased some for 3.00 at the goodwill. I was a size 20 at best and now am down between a 12 and 14. It depends on the clothes too. I dunno I am rambling, but I hope this helps.
  • SERIOUS2
    Options
    Thanks, I appreciate your advice and I will check out the goodwill because I weigh 140lbs and my goal weight is 125lbs so I know this will not be the end of my problem, I just don't want it to become an expensive problem. Thanks again:smile:
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm right there now. I buy jeans at Walmart because the Faded Glory bootcuts are only about $12 and they do have some lycra in them. That does allow you to go down a size without being unconfortable. The only problem I see with them is that when they are too big, they tend to tent some. At that price I will buy three and wear them until they get too small. When I get to where I want to be I will buy brands that take wear and tear a little bit better, but at this point, this method works for me.
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    and here comes the glory that are... DRESSES!! for some reason my dresses, even if a little loose, fit better on me than my pants. the empire waist ones are the most forgiving to losing weight. an excuse to look cute these days i suppose :)
  • maggieschuck
    Options
    and here comes the glory that are... DRESSES!! for some reason my dresses, even if a little loose, fit better on me than my pants. the empire waist ones are the most forgiving to losing weight. an excuse to look cute these days i suppose :)

I love dresses for the same reasons. Once you get used to wearing them it hard to go back to jeans. During the week I wear scrubs for school (Love them!!) and when I get home I change into my work out clothes. I'm all about being comfortable. I get dressed up nice maybe once a week.

Raid your friends closets, hit up the Goodwill and craigslist for garage sales. Post on facebook for friends to donate your size clothes to help you out. I did that for my school scrubs and it worked. We all have more clothes than we usually wear. Enjoy your new found size.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!