Need Motivational Friends!!!

Options
Hi there everyone! I joined a few months ago but only logged on 2 or 3 times & then got too busy with everyone else's lives that I forgot about my own. I am back and here to stay! I have a goal to reach & will do whatever it takes to get to that finish line. I am a former Marine & need that strong motivation back! I have a husband in the Marine Corps, a 6 year old busy daughter, a 2 year old son, 2 large dogs, & a Scentsy business that keep me busy & side-tracked a lot of the time. I need people to help keep me accountable for my weight loss & goals so that I stay on track. We currently live in Okinawa, Japan, so anyone in the area would be great as well ;) I look forward to the future with all of you & wish you all the best of luck on your journeys!

Replies

• ophelia355
    ophelia355 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a very helpful and encouraging site. I always come back to it when I feel that I'm slipping. :happy:
  • JessG83
    Options
  • Morninoonight
    Options
    Hi...

I've been on here a little over a week, what a great community of people. If your looking for motivation, you came to the right place. Welcome and please accept my friendship request. My name is Tamika.
  • JessG83
    Options
    Thanks Tamika! I look forward to working towards my goals with all the support on here :)
  • jksn2nlove
    Options
    Welcome, I am new to this site also. Just remember to make time for yourself. It's what I have been doing since November of last year and have lost 17 pounds already working out almost daily and making ME time :)
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. We can help each other out . . . that is what is so awesome about this site!

Welcome back! You've got this! :flowerforyou:
  • baileyd
    baileyd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
    We are all glad you came back. I think we were/ are all in the same boat. I have also slacked off a little because of work/family or life in general. I have about 75 - 100 lbs. to lose and would love for you to add me as a friend. We can do this!!!
    I started putting notes around to remind me to log in , sounds crazy but it helps. Good Luck
  • katiefraay
    Options
    Hey, I'm new here but this site is great, in a few short days its already made a huge difference.
    Welcome, and you can add me as a friend if you would like, I love motivational friends :)
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful site filled with motivating and motivational people. If you put in the effort you will get to your goal! We are all here rooting for you!
  • JessG83
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the adds & great motivation! This is what I was missing last time when I first started this. Had I gone through & found so many amazing people, I probably would have stuck with it then!lol This time is different & I am so glad that there are so many wonderful, kind-hearted people in the great big world out there.
  • nessieday
    nessieday Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess!! Lets take this journey together!! Look forward to seeing positive results. You can do this!! :)
  • jodie1306
    Options
    Isn't is incredible how just when you think you are the only person in the world with your set of "troubles", you put yourself out there & find many others facing the same struggles.

We are all over loaded, running flat out doing everything for everyone else & there's never anything left for us. Not any more! We are taking control of our lives & just for once, putting ourselves at the top of our priority list.

Jodie
    :-)
  • SexyJaye
    SexyJaye Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Let's all Do it together!!! =D
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Goodluck all.. i have found this site so helpful.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    This is a great place with lots of people to support you. Good luck in your journey. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    Hi Jess, I just moved to Okinawa a few months ago and recently joined the site.
    My husband is in the Marines and is away, I have been trying to start a better lifestyle.
    Welcome to the site:smile:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome :)
  • JessG83
    Options
    Thanks all :)
    @ elizwelshman: What base do you live on? My husband was gone for the first 2 years that we lived here, I know what you're going through. My husband currently works on Foster, but we live on Kadena.
  • rachel1975f
    Options
    Sending a request your way. I can use any extra motivation too :smile:
  • giggles724
    giggles724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi There!!

Glad to know we both are in Okinawa!! My hubby is also a Marine. I've used Myfitnesspal about 2 years ago and was able to lose 30 lbs. I did it for one of the reasons you listed (the boudoir photo shoot). Soon after he came back from Iraq, I got pregnant and gained all of it back.
    I decided moving here was going to be a fresh start and I was going to get back on track. Unfortunately, 5 weeks after being here I gained 15 lbs!! All that good japanese food I wanted to try!! (especially Coco's)
    Well I'm over that!
    I've fully committed again and have been losing steadily!!
    I'm a full-time student/full time mom so I can relate to your busy/hectic life but sometimes we owe it to ourselves to make time for us!
    Just know that we are all here for moral support and we are in this together!