Girl who hates to go lift with the guys!

Options
2»

Replies

• mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It might have helped if I said that I go to the college rec center where I attend, so literally ALL of the guys are huge and know what they're doing. I get hit on occasionally at the gym and it's just annoying because I have a serious boyfriend, so to go ask one of the guys about form or something like that is basically just asking them to hit on me :wink: hahaha. but thanks for all the advice, I think I might hire a trainer for a session just to get a feel for the weights and what I should be doing for my goals.
  • SafariLara
    Options
    I'm in a weightlifting class at my local university, and there are 4 girls to... like 30-40 beefy guys. And to be honest... 2 of the girls are pretty beefy too haha. I know it sounds really self absorbed, but I feel like all these meatheads are always watching me because I'm the only feminine person in the room. It's gonna be a looooong semester
  • wrn1979
    Options
    I'm a guy, and I feel this way, too. And the funny thing is that I'm actually fairly knowledgeable about weight training (proper form and all of that), but I'm still self-conscious about it. Oh well.

-E

I'm right there with you
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds really self absorbed, but I feel like all these meatheads are always watching me because I'm the only feminine person in the room.

[...]