Wii Just Dance 2 question

Options
Hi.. picked up the Wii Just Dance 2 and did some playing around with it tonight. I have some questions I am hoping someone might be able to help me with - I was using the Just Sweat progam, Intense and it said I would do 6 songs.. but I had to pick each song one at a time. So I would pause my HRM, pick the song, wait for it to load and then continue with the monitor. Is there a way to "program" the 6 songs so there is no significant gap between each? What about in the Just Dance mode? Same thing - is there a way to have it simply pick songs and play them continuously? Appreciate any feedback here..

Replies

• AmeliaDouglas
    AmeliaDouglas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Not that I know of, I use the Just sweat intense program too and always do more than 6 songs. I don't use an HRM and don't find the lag time that significant. In fact, it can encourage you to dance with more effort if you know you get a short mini-break between songs.
  • caribeals
    caribeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    as far as i know, you can't program the game differently. what i do in between the songs is run in place to keep my heart rate up. :)
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    I agree, just don't stop moving in between songs. Keep your heartrate up by jogging in place, doing jumping jacks, lunges, or whatever you want. Maybe get a couple of low pound dumbbells and do some curls in between or something. Anything to keep moving...
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone.. at least I know it wasn't just me being a "new user".. :blushing:
  • lulu64uk
    Options
    After reading how good this game was I brought the game on Saturday, and I am finding the same thing...... its frustrating. I also went into the "Just Dance" mode and the booklet has instructions that you can programme it to play continuously, but I still had to stop and pick the next song (and not a lot of choices of songs either) I am not very motivated by exercise and struggle to do it, I need something to warm me up, get my heart rate going, then cool down without the stopping inbetween ! The fact that this game had me waiting around too long resulted in me hitting the OFF button. I am planning to get WII Zumba when its released, am hoping its not programmed the same ???? I understand that you can keep moving inbetween choices but for the less motivated (like myself) it's not likely to happen ;O)))
  • deeanne22
    Options
    There is a medley mode and random mode from what i remember on just dance option but you dont get a choice on what music you can dance to. You also dont get the sweat programme in this
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting the Wii Dance for the fun of it, I love dancing. But I am sure it is a great calorie burner, does it give you a great workout?
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    In the Just Dance mode you can program it to shuffle and it will pick the songs for you.

In the Sweat Zone I run in place or do squats to keep my muscles loose.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    After reading how good this game was I brought the game on Saturday, and I am finding the same thing...... its frustrating. I also went into the "Just Dance" mode and the booklet has instructions that you can programme it to play continuously, but I still had to stop and pick the next song (and not a lot of choices of songs either) I am not very motivated by exercise and struggle to do it, I need something to warm me up, get my heart rate going, then cool down without the stopping inbetween ! The fact that this game had me waiting around too long resulted in me hitting the OFF button. I am planning to get WII Zumba when its released, am hoping its not programmed the same ???? I understand that you can keep moving inbetween choices but for the less motivated (like myself) it's not likely to happen ;O)))

Wii Zumba has been out awhile. It is awesome-and the songs are continuous. Well-there is a 5 second break-for you to get a drink.
  • EllyK09
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I like the medley setting but it does both me that I can't pick my own songs.

Also how do you figure out how many calories you've burned so you can log this without just selected Dance since that seems to over count the calories?

Happy Dancing!
  • deedum
    Options
    So to answer your question if you have not been able to figure it out yet. Go to the Dance part and when all the songs come to
    pick from, advance all the way to the end of the songs and there is a selection NON-STOP SHUFFLE. This is the best part
    of Just Dance 2. It selects songs randomly and keeps going until you stop. Very Fun!!!!