Burn off calories from yesterday?

Options
I went over my calories and ate a big dessert last night... so I woke up early this morning and did high impact aerobics for an hour - I plan to do another hour this evening (when I usually do my workouts).

Would my exercise count as burning off the calories I ate yesterday... or does my body 'reset' in the morning and the exercise counts for today only?

Weird question, sorry! Thanks!

Replies

• barbsus1991
    barbsus1991 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    in my opinion, id count it as yesterdays. as long as your calorie intake for the week equals what it should, and so does youre calories burnt for the week then all is good =]
  • Tinkerbell09
    Options
    I would agree. I overate yesterday and worked it off today. As long as my calories add up at the end of the week/month, I am happy. xx
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    you can definitely play catch-up but just make sure you're eating enough. perhaps even consider spreading the excess calories over a couple of days.
  • carolyne2
    Options
    I would take it over the week, as long as your on target at the end of the week with overall calories and excersise, all should be well. On the other hand if you weigh in tomorrow for example, you may get a blip on the scales.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    yes and no, if you overate yesterday (overmaintenance) then the cals may already be stored as fat today. So the exercise today would not counteract that as exercise uses your glycogen stores before it takes from body fat. If your workouts are not long enough you will only burn this, and build up your stores again prior to your evening workout