10 lbs to lose....its hard!

Options
Hi,
I have been logging in to mfp for nearly 20 days now I am 5 foot 7 and currently 145lbs, I started at 150lbs and begun on a 1200 cal a day diet, I was noticeing a loss weighing daily ( I now realise that this was prob water loss and perhaps lean tissue/muscle loss) I was pleased with the results at the time though...

Then I got my treadmill fixed (Its been broken since before xmas hence my need to Lose 10lb, id gained about 4lbs over the holidays)....so I started incorporating jogs/runs...but i was initially reluctant to 'eat back the calories'....... the following week I was down to 143lbs half a stone loss in under two weeks....

Then came my dreaded monthly visitor and my weight loss stopped.....coming to the end of my monthly visit and I have gained 2lbs...

Any way the purpose of this post is that I have decided to try a new stratagy after reading up alot on the internet and this site......

Does this sound sensible to you guys and has anyone else tried similar??

- I have decided to lower my weight loss goal to 1lb a week so my dail calories are now 1400.
- I do cardio 30 mins - 1 hour about 5 days a week and also walk the dog so I can burn between 400 - 1000 cals on those days...my plan is to eat soem of these back up to a limit of 2000 cals a day...otherwise I struggle to eat any more than that.
- I want to begin resistance training at home, but am unsure how...(I dont have time for the gym)
- I am considering protien bars after workouts and when I dont get time to eat (as i work in healthcare...my breaks are few and far between)

I am hoping this will work, I dont mind if I only lose 5lbs and gain 5lbs of muscle so long as my body shape changes..

Any opinions on this please.....
Thanks for reading
Trudy

by the way...I am pear shaped so have a small waist but carry stubborn areas of fat on my thighs and buttocks...any tips on focusing on these stubborn areas??

Replies

• MarjorieTaylor
    Options
    No one said that this would be easy. I never weigh myself daily though. I pick a day to weigh in and the follow that day as my weigh in day every week. I have gained back a few of the pounds that I lost but I am not going to beat myself up for it. I chose the 1200 cal a day and do not plan to change it. You have to be consistent with this program in order for it to work. I have more than 10 lbs to lose and over all I have been happy with my results from this program. I don't always use those extra cals earned from exercise though. To me it just adds lbs. that you don't really want and thus makes it harder to take them off. Do you measure your foods out and go by just what the label says that a serving is? I started doing that and I was totally surprised how much a single serving according to the label was. I work on keeping my calorie intake to the 1200 a day and don't stray from that goal. I have strayed over this weekend though and I have come up with a plan. What I have to do is stay focused on my goals and be a winner. Try weighing in once a week and not daily. You will less inclined to feel bad if you don't lose anything. I hope that helps. If you do earn extra calories from exercise do not try to eat them back. This will not be a good thing. I know because I have done that myself. You can add me as a friend here if you would like to. We are all here to support each other. Hope things start to work for you. :) Have a wonderful day.

Marjorie
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    u sound the same shape as me, I'm also 5ft 7, lost 11lbs in 5 weeks, down to 10st now, I personally only weigh myself once a week and try to stick to 1200 cals a day, good luck ;-)
  • trudypickles
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, I have stopped weighing daily lol.....was a bad Idea..... the reason I am worried about sticking to 1200 cal a day and not eating back what I burn is cos of all the posts on here and other sites warning of the body going into 'Starvation mode' apparently this is more likely the less fat you have to lose....

Well done both on your success x x