giving MFP a shot

Options
Hi Everyone,

I can see that MFP has a very active community and hoping that the enthusiasm here can keep me at my goals. I'm currently in Seminary while working full-time for a restaurant company and in a happy marriage of 3 years thus far. My goal is to drop my weight down to 165lbs while toning up to be able to complete the exercise regime of the United States Air Force so that I can go in as a Chaplain.

Hopefully with everyone's support and recommendations i will figure out how to get my calories under control. I have some very good days, but then you go out to eat and pick something you think is healthy only to find you ate 1600 calories! Hoping that I can drop around 2lbs a week at this point until the start of September.

So far so good, already dropped 2lbs because of all of you. Love the encouragement i find in the posts!

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great for encouragement, a huge support system here, lots of people that are willing to give you those words of encouragement and motivation. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it's a great place to be. I love it here, it's helped me lose 68 pounds since July 4, 2010. Still got a way to go, but I will get there. Lots of support and motivation on here. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I find planning my meals in advance on my diary really helps me to stay on track. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    welcome..mfp is an awesome site...good luck
  • FeistyKitty808
    FeistyKitty808 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site for encouragement and helpful hints for a healthier lifestyle. Active posting of MFPals and the support of the community are the best. Good luck with your journey, it sounds like you have great destinations in mind.