weekends

Options
weekends are a real killer.. i find it hard to stay motivated :frown: cant seem to fit my social life in around my diet!! anyone else feel the same?

Replies

• lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I found that weekends completely killed me too, so I started being more prepared.

I try to log everything in advance, so that I know what to eat to be able to stay within my calorie goal, see if restaurants, etc have nutritional information available on their website before going out. Or, if I'm able, I'll try to bring food with me...

It's worked for me so far, and I've only had one really bad day in the last few months! ok, it's a little extra work, but the way I look at it, it's better to spend that time preparing, than ruin all that hard work!
  • Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I've been having a very hard time these past two weekends!
  • mon85
    mon85 Posts: 12
    Options
    i must start thinking ahead more, and get out of the way of thinking that its the weekend and itl be grand... i need to be more prepared

although.. when i plan ahead i feel it makes me think more of food.. hence make me hungry lol
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I am only in week one myself so cannot offer any practical advice but I feel exactly the same.

I do not have any problems sticking to healthy eating during the week but in two days I normally undo all the 'good work'

A typical weekend would be - me and OH sharing a few bottles of wine on a Fri and Sat, with a nice homecooked meal (and normally dessert and I'd eat leftovers!!) or else we go out to eat / drink or I meet girlfriends for dinner and drinks... Bascially I overindulge almost every weekend. Thus meaning that despite what I do during the week I was never losing any weight??

This weekend was a bit of eye opener I have to say as I did pretty much stick to my calories!!! I must confess that I felt incredibly deprived so I did have a few vodka & diet cokes on Saturday.. and do you know what - that was enough of a treat for me!

I didn't need a big stodgy dinners, I didn't need dessert, I didn't need leftovers.

A treat is fine but I have realised that I was having several excessive 'treats' each and every weekeend.

So my advice would be to allow yourself some kind of treat (be it a few glasses of wine or dessert??) but try to keep within your calories for the rest of the day... Also I planto work-out more at the weekends as I have time so that counter-acts a few drinks?

Also try non food / drink related treats??

I also agree that planning meals in advance (as opposed to loggin them after the event) makes it much easier for me!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I try to make my weekends a s much like my weekdays as possible. For me that means making my standard oatmeal-flax-blueberry breakfast; and packing a healthy lunch/snack. The difference is that I eat that lunch either at home or on the go rather than at my desk.

Then the dinner/ evening meal is my only challenge. I save some calories during the week so I can enjoy a couple of glasses of wine, or split nachos with the girls--being sure I'm not the one who eats the most of them!
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    if you want a couple of glasses of wine log them and if you want a pizza log it even if you go over it will make you more aware of what you have eaten!

i could easily eat a kfc 3 piece meal and not think twice about it till i actually read the calories on the tray mat and nearly cried.

so long as over all you dont exceed your weekly calories you will still lose weight ,

also if your social life includes dancing at a night club log that under cardio you might surprise yourself that you have not been as naughty as you thought
  • mon85
    mon85 Posts: 12
    Options
    thanks everybody, i really appreciate your advice.

its hard to do it alone!!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    weekends are definitely more difficult for me because those are the few times i see my bf (long distance...fun fun). But we try to build a good run or hike into the weekend as part of our time together. And I try not to beat myself up about a glass of wine or a slice of pizza i might have as long as I'm super diligent about my diet and exercise during the weak.

It can absolutely be done.
  • bigmanfaldo
    Options
    Well I sometimes have that problem. I look forward to having a wee drink at the weekend and feel if you work alll week you are entitled to have a bit of what you fancy being it drink or whatever. I like my few tins of beer at the weekend I think its only human.

The times I feel it is more difficult is after exercise. I could eat for Scotland. Certain nights i have a big meal but I could eat all night after that. Must be missing something.
    Think I should maybe drink more water or something as I keep pulling the same muscle.
    Anyway going off the subject weekends are difficult.
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Since you know weekends are difficult, make sure you make exercise a priority and maybe do a bit more than usual. I tend to slack on weekends, but I am finding that I still lose weight (bit more slowly) but I am losing. Averaging 1-1.5 lbs a week. Most importantly don't stress over it and stop.