feeling let down

Options
I have stayed in my calorie limit this week. Did not over eat and worked out each day. After a week I put on 4 pounds!!

I dont understand and I am very upset. I logged everything and even turned down sweets. HELP

Replies

• amylynna1
    amylynna1 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have stayed in my calorie limit this week. Did not over eat and worked out each day. After a week I put on 4 pounds!!

I dont understand and I am very upset. I logged everything and even turned down sweets. HELP
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm!! Well, sometimes the body and/or scale like to mess with us!

You have exercised every day...have you eaten any of those calories back? If not, then I would suggest you do. At least a few.

Also, sometimes a new workout routine can cause us to gain extra water, etc. I mean, it doesn't make sense to have gained 4 lbs in a week, especially if you are eating at a caloric deficit.

Can you tell us anything else about how the week went? What kind of workouts did you do and how many calories did you burn and how many calories do you eat?
  • maggie2020
    Options
    Don't feel bad :grumble: and remember muscle weighs more than fat... my suggestion is to measure yourself then to rely on a scale. Also depending how long you have been working out this could just be water weight.

Keep at it.. I believe you will see the positive results soon... :happy:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Don't feel negative about 4 lb gain. If you are new to working out at this intensity, you are going to retain a little water for the strain on your muscles and the muscles you worked could grow & muscle weighs more than fat. Don't beat yourself up. Keep a food journal, watch to be sure you are not under calories and most of all - have fun with it... You can make yummy foods, find an exercise you find fun and get online for support.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sheyna
    Options
    Also, this site just estimates your metabolic rate, you may have a slower metabolism then the average person.