BodyBugg Users

Options
Probably a stupid question but...you don't HAVE to have a subscription to the website to keep using your bodybugg correct? I want to make sure before I purchase one that after the 6 month trial is up I will still be able to view my results? lol

Replies

• Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    You need a paid subscription. That being said, it is not that expensive and well worth the money.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm probably wrong, but I'm thinking you do. Anytime I've tried to log in since mine expired I can't get past the main screen. It just tells me my subscription expired and renew now. :( Kind of crummy if you ask me. Especially since you spend so much on the device, you'd think you'd at least be able to track your activity and calories burned.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Oh that sucks. I'll just stick with my Polar FT7 then..that is really crummy. I don't want to spend that much on something and have to keep paying just to see my results. Oh well.

Thanks!
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    Yes you do, but it is not that much. I pay for a full year because then it is less. I love it keeps me in check and I will never go by what and exercise machine at the gym says again, those machines always say way to much burned for me even when I put my weight in. LOVE THE BUGG!!!!
  • turboandrea
    Options
    Yeah it's a subscription, but it's way more accurate than a HRM and keeps my weight heading in the right direction. For the cost of two Starbucks drinks a month, I can do it. ;)
  • Sumo813
    Options
    Yes you do, but it is not that much. I pay for a full year because then it is less. I love it keeps me in check and I will never go by what and exercise machine at the gym says again, those machines always say way to much burned for me even when I put my weight in. LOVE THE BUGG!!!!

In the grand scheme of things, $77 isn't bad at all for a full year. So I have to agree with that. How does your calorie burn with the Bugg compare to the calculation from MFP?
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I find that my bodymedia fit monitor says I'm burning more than MFP. Right now I'm just entering in what my monitor says and making MFP reflect that.
  • Sumo813
    Options
    Yeah it's a subscription, but it's way more accurate than a HRM and keeps my weight heading in the right direction. For the cost of two Starbucks drinks a month, I can do it. ;)

I agree. The only thing with me, is I found that I am most likely allergic to the metal they use. :( After continued use I had a butterfly-like "burn" mark. I don't think I ever found what they use for the contact plates, but I know there are a few metals that I am highly allergic to. Unfortunately the only one I really remember is nickel. Doh!
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm a body bugger. I have had mine since November and still within the subscription period. I have found that mfp is pretty close for my burns and that my hrm was overestimating. One thing that A hrm doesn't account for is your after burn. I have found my burning during an exercise will be XXX calories, but I will continue to burn 5-7 calories a minutes for a while after the workout is over.

The info from your bodybugg really is priceless. Also you have the number of calories out, and you know calories in, so to me there is no excuse. You make the investment and literally wear it on uour arm. It is a constant reminder of your goals.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    If you want to continue logging the calories burned and using their food journal, you need to keep a paid subscription. There's no way out of it!:-P It's not expensive, but it was part of the nuissance of why I gave mine up.

Shannon
  • turboandrea
    Options
    For an example, my HRM (Ironman HRM with chest strap) told me I was burning 1k calories teaching Turbo Kick. My BodyBugg says between 500-700 and I find that's consistent with other instructors. It's also helped me figure out how much to really eat in reference to what I burn every day (outside of exercise). 15 pounds later ... here I am!
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Yes, you have to continue the subscription, but like others said, it's totally worth it..... totally! The info is so valuable! I love it!