Sinus infection help

Options
Anyone know of anything I can do for my sinus infection? I hardly ever get them and woke up with a bad one. My eyes are burning like crazy and I have a lot of pressure on my sinuses. It hurts! Help!

Replies

• larsonp
    larsonp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Call the Doctor.
    We are not doctors. We are people trying to lose weight.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    google Neti Pot
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If it hurts that bad, you need to call the doc.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Husband just had an awful one, needed antibiotics. Call the doctor!
  • mkrafick
    Options
    The previous poster is right - we can't give safe advice, go see a doctor.

Now speaking as someone with chronic sinus problems and who is actively recovering from sinus surgery....
    1) If it is truly a sinus infection - you need antibiotics and it won't clear up on it's own. Go to the doctor.
    2) If you are in that much pain now, DON'T use a netti pot. That is for when you are healthy and it is preventative measure. You could actually cause more damage in the condition you are in. (I know, because I asked my doctor).

Good luck.
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    Two Words..... NETTI POT!!! I love it, I haven't had a sinus infection in a very long time...I use it 3 times a week for maintenance. It is warm salt water that you tip up your nose and it will naturally clean out your sinus cavity... Dr. Oz swears by it.. You can get them at Walgreens, CVS, etc... I bought a ceramic one so I can put it in the dishwasher to sanitize... Even got my hubby using it!
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Call the Doctor.
    We are not doctors. We are people trying to lose weight.

Some of us are doctors trying to lose weight. :-). but agree call your own doctor
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    eat a clove of fresh garlic and drink a cup of hot lemon water (1/2 lemon & 8oz. of hot water) then call the doctor =]