Shoes for working out on carpet?

Options
I workout at home, in my living room and I like to workout bare foot. I know probably not the best idea. Anyways, I don't like working out with my shox because its like it grips too much into my carpet. I have a berber but our new house will have a plush carpet. (I WILL HAVE MY OWN EXERCISE ROOM!!!! YAY!)

So basically I am looking for a pair of shoes that will give my feet support but that won't fuzzy or shred up my carpet. Does that make any sense? LOL Just wondering if there is a shoe out there that meets this criteria that you have tried?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you guys!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lucky48
    lucky48 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use my Nike Frees. They are basically a running shoe so they do have a slight rubber tread but they are extremely flexible and you can bend the shoe in half. They were basically designed to simulate barefoot running but I have a pretty shaggy carpet and they work pretty well.
  • turboandrea
    Options
    I love barefoot or using Vibrams for carpet exercises. I usually do CLX or TF barefoot and it's actually strengthened my foot. There are also pads to put on the bottom of your shoes for carpet.
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Why is going barefoot wrong? Thats the only way I can do it at home. Whenever I try with shoes, they trip me up. I wear socks when Im doing the step, just cause the little things on the step hurt my feet.
  • HaydonS19
    HaydonS19 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I go barefoot also. never knew there was anything wrong with it
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I always work out barefoot as well. I never thought there was anything wrong with it.