edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
How do I stop my stomach from telling me to eat a doughnut?!?!?!?!?:frown:

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Try half a bagel with Nutella. Yummy!
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    you are probly hungry... have a protien snack... I am a recovering donut addict and this is what helps me stay away from the donuts =]
  • its hard to do. just walk away
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Try half a bagel with Nutella. Yummy!

The problem with that is it may be higher n calories than a donut... a bagle can be up to 400 calories without the nutella. and a donut depending on what kind is only about 250. the bagle could set you back
  • Julesfame
    Julesfame Posts: 32 Member
    Look at the calorie count. That usually brings me to the reality of the doughnut or other sweets are not worth the caloric intake.
  • THE 100 CALORIE THIN BAGEL ARE GOOD!!
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    I keep seeing the dunkin commercials with the reverse boston creme...went and got one yesterday. It wasn't that good, but oh well.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I look at the Bagel/Nutella combo as something healthier than a donut. Not all calories are created equal.
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 147 Member
    I tell myself I can have it in 30 minutes and then keep myself busy. If I still want it, I have it but usually I get distracted by a phone call or washing up and end up forgetting I had a craving!
    It's my colleagues birthday today so the office is covered in goodies including doughnuts. I waited 30 minutes and couldn't stop thinking about that lucious jam doughnut so I shared it with the birthday girl (half the fat of a full one and I know I can burn these calories off with 15 mins on the crosstrainer). If it's within you daily allowances, see if you can find someone to share it with you (making sure they get the bigger half) then go for it! Good luck x
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Try waiting the 30 minutes out. If you still want one, have half with a cup of coffee or tea. Put the other half away, so you're not tempted to eat it!

Remember, it's not horrible to give in to a craving as long as you adjust the rest of your day's calorie intake....

Also, go for the raised, sugar glazed ones, plain powder, or sprinkles donuts.... they have less calories than jam or filled donuts.

Shannon
  • We get doughnuts at work every weekend, it's a killer!! When I simply must have one, I cut the doughnut into quarters, take one quarter and leave the breakroom. Usually just the bite of it is enough to satisfy the craving.
This discussion has been closed.