question for the girls

Options
when TOM is coming for a "visit" when do you usually put on a little water weight? a few days before? right when it starts? a few days after?

TOM showed up late last night/early morning for me (about midnight-ish) and even thought its still nearly a week away im just wondering if I should weigh in on Sunday. TOM usually lasts about 5 days.
I think ive heard a lot of of women on here complain about the few "gained" pounds right before they start. Which is why i'm so surprised I had a 3.3lb loss Sunday! But im curious now, if itll be a gain this coming Sunday. I know no one can tell me that. No one knows MY BODY but im just curious how it is for everyone else and do yall suggest I still weigh in this week?

Replies

• Melisha82
    Options
    My water weight comes on a few days before I start and then it goes away usually a few days after it starts
  • Melisha82
    Options
    and I weigh in during that time, i find it helps me see the pattern so I don't get too bent out of shape about it anymore lol
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Yes, still weigh, of course.

I'm on mine right now, and since I've started exercising and eating right, I haven't felt like I was going to die from my TOM. In fact, it's quite unnoticeable for the first time in my life! I don't think I've gained any water weight this time, no pain, nothing!! Just stick to that exercise and you'll do just fine :)
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i currently weigh in every day for this specific reason. I am trying to find out through my scale that measures body water just how much I hold if any. Hasn't been long enough yet to get a number but I'll let you know.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    My TOM just ended yesterday adn i am only 0.6 puds up from where I was before TOM. I think Sunday should be ok. if it's up give it another try Tuesday. If it's still up don't worry just keeping workign heard and I'm sure you'll see a loss the following Sunday :) Good luck!
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    Mine is always a few days before too, but like others have said here, I know its coming so I don't worry too much, if my weigh in is on one of those days. I've come to expect it actually. For me, the bigger problem is the cravings and constant hunger that accompany those few days before TOM!
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My water weight usually starts a few days before and lasts until the day or so after it's gone. I had mine last week and still weighed in on my normal weigh-in day.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't notice a difference in the days before or the first days of my period. Usually on day 2 though I'm up 2-3lbs and it sticks around for probably 4-5 days.
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    I went through this last week. I gained about 1.2 lbs last week and couldn't figure out why.. I was eating right and exercising regularly. Then 2 days later my TOM showed up. I know every woman is different, but for me I experience all of the systems a week before and then once it's here, it's like no biggie. So I think my weight gain was completely related to that. I weighed myself this morning and I think by my weigh in this week, I'll lose all of that TOM weight and then some!
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    I weigh every single week, regardless of TOM. I've noticed a pattern of not losing that week or even gaining a pound. But I'm aware of it and don't get bent out of shape... not like I can do anything about it. And I have had TOM weeks where I've lost weight too...
  • hariceri
    Options
    I have the same thing a few days before I'm due on too. The thing that makes it worse is the cravings for carbs in the week prior to coming on. I just never feel full and want stodge and sometimes chocolate whereas normally I dont really crave anything and eat quite sparingly and healthily. I haven't noticed anything in weight changes but then I have always avoided the scales.:noway:
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a pattern in that I usually have a small gain for that weeks weigh-in, but the next week I lose a little more than normal. I still weigh-in though, just to keep myself in check.