almost 3 weeks. I need some help

Options
2»

Replies

• From reading one of your reply's, it looks like you aren't eating enough to support your workouts. You mentioned eating 1400 calories in a day, but burning off essentially 1200 of those calories. That basically is telling your body to live off 200 calories, which it won't like doing at all. If you burn 1200 calories through workouts in a day, then you need to be eating closer to 2000 a day to make up for some of the calories burned. You can't build lean muscle mass on such low calories, and that is what ultimately keeps your body burning cals long after you stopped working out.

the problem I am having with eating more calories is that Im usually pretty full by the time I eat dinner and workout
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    After I wrote this I feel like it may have come across kinda snooty, I did not mean that at all. Just keep up the good work, in a year from now you look back and say "remember when I thought I would never lose another pound?" " ya that was pretty silly, casue look at me now!!!"
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    After I wrote this I feel like it may have come across kinda snooty, I did not mean that at all. Just keep up the good work, in a year from now you look back and say "remember when I thought I would never lose another pound?" " ya that was pretty silly, casue look at me now!!!"
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    I have been disappointed too by the same results. 5 lbs in 5 weeks. I tell myself as long as the scale is not going up I have to continue one day at a time.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    From reading one of your reply's, it looks like you aren't eating enough to support your workouts. You mentioned eating 1400 calories in a day, but burning off essentially 1200 of those calories. That basically is telling your body to live off 200 calories, which it won't like doing at all. If you burn 1200 calories through workouts in a day, then you need to be eating closer to 2000 a day to make up for some of the calories burned. You can't build lean muscle mass on such low calories, and that is what ultimately keeps your body burning cals long after you stopped working out.

the problem I am having with eating more calories is that Im usually pretty full by the time I eat dinner and workout

I agree! It's like I walk while at work for 30-45 mins and then do another 30 of aerobics when I get home most evenings. If I go by what I burn + my regular calorie allotment, I'd be around 1900 cals for the day. Well I could fill that up real quick, problem is not with good food. I'm usually not hungry once I finish dinner and I still have a minimum of 200 cals left over for the night. I want to do this the right way, but it's hard to tell what "right" is.
  • cjoneof2
    Options
    In response to everyone who has hit sort of a road block. I agree with everyone else that this is normal. So just keep at it your doing everything that you need to do and that is great. In fact, other reseach I have done on weight loss says that during the first few months of increased activity or workouts especially if you have incorporated strenght training you will actually gain a few pounds so they discourage you from even going near a scale because they don't want you to be discourage by what you see. So my suggestion is stay away from the scale and pay more attention to how your clothes feel and more importantly how you feel because hopefully you have increased your level of energy. :smile:
  • i feel like the right thing is so many different things
  • CristalBelle
    Options
    I completely understand how hard it is to fill in calories with good food, because good food can be very very filling. If you want to try and get something in without a lot of "eating", some other options are a glass of low fat chocolate milk, a bottle of v-8, a single piece of whole grain toast with natural peanut butter, adding a handful of nuts into a meal, or adding a protein shake to an in between time where you would normally have coffee or another drink.

It's tough, I know it, but I have been researching for years(only recently did I actually start using m knowledge to help myself lose weight!) and anyone who is very fit and has a good knowledge of building muscle and maintaining a healthy body will tell you eating enough is key, and especially getting in good proteins to support your muscle as a long term burner. I really hope you can find something that works for you hun!