Sweet Potato Fries!

Options
The Biggest Loser Cookbook (thought this was appropriate because of the ongoing contest) has a very delicious recipe for sweet potato fries that will definitely cure your craving for delicious fries but without all the calories and fat. :happy:

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
1/2 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4"-thick sticks
1 tablespoon grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika
Pinch of cayenne
Salt, to taste
Pinch of ground black pepper
Ketchup (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 F.

In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes, cheese, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt, and black pepper (everything but the ketchup!).

Place potatoes in a single layer on a medium nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Flip potatoes and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and browned in spots. Serve immediately, with ketchup, if desired.

Instead of ketchup, I used Wishbone Ranch Salad Spritzer and it tasted absolutely delicious!

This recipe is in the database, but here are the nutrition facts, anyway:

Cal: 249
Fat: 4 g
Carb: 49 g
Protein: 5 g
Cholesterol: 8 mg
Fiber: 7 g
Sodium: 238 mg

Again, this recipe is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and brain-dead simple! Try it next time you get a fast-food craving, you won't be disappointed. :happy:

Replies

• faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    The Biggest Loser Cookbook (thought this was appropriate because of the ongoing contest) has a very delicious recipe for sweet potato fries that will definitely cure your craving for delicious fries but without all the calories and fat. :happy:

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
    1/2 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4"-thick sticks
    1 tablespoon grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
    1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
    1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/8 teaspoon paprika
    Pinch of cayenne
    Salt, to taste
    Pinch of ground black pepper
    Ketchup (optional)

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 450 F.

In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes, cheese, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt, and black pepper (everything but the ketchup!).

Place potatoes in a single layer on a medium nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Flip potatoes and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and browned in spots. Serve immediately, with ketchup, if desired.

Instead of ketchup, I used Wishbone Ranch Salad Spritzer and it tasted absolutely delicious!

This recipe is in the database, but here are the nutrition facts, anyway:

Cal: 249
    Fat: 4 g
    Carb: 49 g
    Protein: 5 g
    Cholesterol: 8 mg
    Fiber: 7 g
    Sodium: 238 mg

Again, this recipe is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and brain-dead simple! Try it next time you get a fast-food craving, you won't be disappointed. :happy:
  • scheidch
    Options
    And... if you love Ranch dressing plus fries, I would recommend using some Wishbone Ranch Vinaigrette (sp?) spritzer - great taste, virtually no calories!
  • kallio
    Options
    So funny to see this! Last week I became addicted to homemade sweet potato fries I just oss them in a tiny bit of olive oil and then sprinkle salt and pepper on them. So delicious with a bit of ketchup!:bigsmile:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I :heart: sweet potato fries-made them last weekend and they were a BIG hit!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I eat mine Cajun style....delish!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm, I love sweet potatoes :love:

Thanks for the recipe! :flowerforyou:
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I toss mine with a little bit of olive oil and cinnamon. My toddler loves them, she thinks she is getting dessert.
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    I've been kinda avoiding these, thinking that they'd have a sweet taste. But after the way you all describe 'em, I think I'm gonna have to give in and try them! Y'all make them sound soooo good!:tongue:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Girl after my own :heart: !
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Girl after my own :heart: !

I was thinking the same thing!
    Soooo yummy!!!
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You've got to try it with butternut squash....delish!!
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options

Is that the recipe from HungryGirl?
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Is that the recipe from HungryGirl?

It is :) And I absolutely love it. A little less sweet and than the sweet potato in my opinion. I just spray them with a little olive oil, sprinkle on some sea salt and put them in the oven. :wink:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    The butternut squash tasted too much like pumpkin to me. Maybe the sweet potato fries appeal to my sweet tooth. :laugh: :laugh:
    Either way it is great that to have alternatives!