Has anyone done the 'Couch to 5k' program?

Options
If so, how active were you before and how did it work out for you? My friend and I are kinda interested in starting this because neither of us are runners but we both want to be able to actually run for longer than a minute and not be out of breath! lol
Any imput would be great!:))

Replies

• limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i keep hearing about that. where do you get the program?
  • christa_dee
    Options
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml if you scroll down the program is on there!:)
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    It's great! I was never a runner, in fact I was always last boy to finish in gym when we had to do a distance run. I had to repeat a few of the weeks as I just wasn't ready to go to the next level, so it probably took me 12 weeks instead of 9, but I don't care. I actually enjoy running now and am just working on improving my time.

By the way, if you have an I Phone, the C25K app from Bluefin Software is worth the $2.99. It really helped me alot.
  • kate0309
    kate0309 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started C25K on January 3rd. I was not active at all when I started. The first time I didn't think I would get through the 1 min of running. But somehow I did it.

I did Week 6 Day 1 yesterday and will continue with the program to the end. Each week is a new challenge and at times you'll think you can't do it, but you can.

http://www.c25k.com/

You can download podcasts that will help you through each week.

For me, I have to jog at a very low speed. Hopefully with time I'll be able to increase my speed and actually feel like running instead of jogging.

Good luck! It's worth giving it a try.
  • LaurieKPhoto1972
    Options
    I am going to start it on March 1st and run my first 5K on May 21st. It's my birthday and I am SO excited! If I can run 3 miles after not even being able to walk 1 mile, I will have really succeeded!!! If anyone else is going to start it on March 1st let me know.
  • loves86
    loves86 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Im going to try it out...I think I may start on week 3 though as I already run almost everyday, and can run in between a .50-1.00 miles depending on what else I have done, how sore I am etc. But it would be awesome to be able to run 3 miles straight!!!