New and Excited!

Options
Hello All! My name is Emily. I'm 24 year old wife of a firefighter/paramedic and a mommy of 3. Chase, is 4 and starting preschool this fall. Ava, will be 3 in May and is my little princess. Colten, is 2.5 months old. I had him in November of last year.
Growing up I have always been the skinny girl. I'm 4'11" and my weight then was 105lbs. When I had my first son I started off at 116lbs (my highest ever at that time). I gained 30lbs with him and was miserable. It took me 5 months to get rid of the weight and an additional 4 months to tone up. I got to my lowest ever at 103lbs. When he was 11 months I got pregnant with our daughter. I gained 29lbs with her and had the weight off in 5 months and toned an additional 2 months later. I became a runner after her and started doing races a long with my husband.
But in January of 2010 my husband got laid off and then broke his ankle/leg in 4 different places 2 weeks later. He was told no weight on it for 3 months and then another 3 months of therapy. We couldn't get unemployment that whole time. I went into a depression mode. I gained 7lbs in two months. Then on March 7th we found out I was pregnant again. The same day I lost my grandfather (whom I was close to) suddenly with no explaination. He was only 65. My husband didn't get a job and start working until June. All in all, with that pregnancy I gained 40lbs. For my frame this is a lot. Colten, was only 7lbs 2oz at a week late. So it was all mostly on me. When I had him I weighed 150lbs and today I currently weigh 123 with a lot of flab.
I know some are gagging at this, but please keep in mind I'm only 4'11" with a small frame. Doctors say a healthy weight for me is 105lbs. So that's my goal.
My calories a day are 1200. Which surprisingly has been fairly easy to stick to. I'm also doing an intense workout program that is 6 days a week. I'm looking for encouraging friends and to gain/share knowledge with people that have the same goal :-)

P.S. Hubby got called back to the station and is currently running 20 miles a week :-) Things 100% better

Replies

• 18HeatherF
    18HeatherF Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm glad things have turned around for you!! Good luck with your weight loss! This site is so great to find support from people going through the same things!
    Heather
  • Jamiem2011
    Jamiem2011 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck!
  • pammilou
    pammilou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was quite a time for you. Welcome to the site and good luck on your weight loss goals!
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site.

Wow. Your life sounds totally busy with a lot of stress.

I know for a fact that losing someone close to you can totally strip a persons will to stick with eating good.

Thankfully things usually swing up eventually because it looks like you've been on the bottom of the arc for some time.

And if anyone on this site gags at what someone else weighs then they can go find another site. We're all here to do improve on our lives and help eachother through the rough patches.

Best of wishes to you.
    Brenda