pms

Options
i am pmsing this morning and i usually eat alot when i am and lots of chocolate. its killing me right now. help!

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Sorry my answer to that is ,don't but it then you can't eat it! 9 Or allow your self a small amount and log it!) low cal hot chocolate instead of a bar of chocolate...
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I HATE PMS with a vengence. I don't have an answer for you (I mostly give into it that that TOM) But I wanted to empathise:flowerforyou:
  • bevyg
    bevyg Posts: 6
    Options
    I use a protein drink called Click. The espresso mocha is just like having a chocolate mocha. If you blend it well, with an electric whisk, it's frothy and creamy and really satisfies. Very yummy. This is my breakfast meal and fills me up with 15 g of protein too and only 140 calories. You can have it anytime, hot or cold. Hopefully this will help you too. Good luck!!
  • nlfrancis
    Options
    Since I have been running I haven't had too much of a problem with it, but when I get the craving I give into it but I don't let it become a big deal.
  • tlussier
    tlussier Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Try a piece of dark chocolate (70 % Cacao or higher) It should definitely satisfy you and not ruin your day!! Hot chocolate is also a great fix for TOM Chocolate cravings!!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Nestle no sugar added hot cocoa (50 cals) or a deep chocolate vita muffin vita top (100 cals) are my fix when I need chocolate!!!!!
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    Personally, during PMS times, I avoid any issues by doing the following: tiptoe'ing around the house, saying "I love you" often, never commenting on my wife's hair / makeup / etc., and buying flowers often.
  • bjmk19047
    Options
    One of my MFP friends posted a recipe on this thread for us chocolate lovers...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/164263--filling-chocolate-lovers-yogurt

Check it out!

I too medicate with chocolate when I have PMS. :smile:
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Just had mine i know the feeling :-(
  • MichelleYoswa
    Options
    :wink: We're all bad! Try eating Dark Chocolate with some fruit to curve that craving!!! XOXO
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    A chocolate craving usually means your body it telling you your low on magnisium. I have craving so bad that I would eat a whole bag of hershey's kisses. Since I've been taking a magnisium supplement it has subsided and when I do eat a kiss it take like crap.. has a coffee taste, and I can't stand coffee...
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Personally, during PMS times, I avoid any issues by doing the following: tiptoe'ing around the house, saying "I love you" often, never commenting on my wife's hair / makeup / etc., and buying flowers often.

LOL!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lisajpeoples
    lisajpeoples Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good Job Hawkeye Guy! Best way to deal with PMS!
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    Things that don't work: Comment on how much she's eating, ask her to make me dinner, tell her she looks a bit bloated, ask her why she hasn't been doing her usual cleaning around the house...AND #1 - try to get some action!
  • apentycofe
    Options
    Things that don't work: Comment on how much she's eating, ask her to make me dinner, tell her she looks a bit bloated, ask her why she hasn't been doing her usual cleaning around the house...AND #1 - try to get some action!

Ha hahaha. needed that laugh thanks
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    the Kashi chocolate and coconut are amazing and only 130 calories...that's what gets me through
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options

HAHAHAHA! Can you call my husband please?
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options
    Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk, so good!!! A cup is 120 calories, and it's like the most rich chocolate milk you've ever had!!
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    I've done the hot cocoa route.

I've also done the high quality chocolate, but small amount route.

Both have worked at times, and both have failed. Just do the best you can, and take it one day, meal, snack at a time!
  • firmbug
    firmbug Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You know what PMS stands for right? Pretty Mean Sister! :wink: Hope you get well soon! Sorry you are suffering!