app for running

Options
Hi everyone!

New to the site and I have also decided to make the lifestyle change to eat better and exercise. What app for running does "my" fitness pals use?

Thanks
Louis

Replies

• staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    couch to 5k its available free from a few places online
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    fun run trainer
  • pink_kitty
    Options
    I use cardio trainer- its a really good app and logs ur progress, how many miles/ kilometers you've run, time you ran it in, calories burnt etc. I found it useful when training for my 5k last year and will be using it again this year.

xx
  • calypott
    Options
    I loved C25K. I think it was maybe 0.99 or even 1.99. Either way, money well spent.
  • diverdi
    diverdi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like the Adidas miCoach. It's free and love that it links in the the GPS to give a map, run times and can play music from my iTunes account too.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i just printed out the 9 week training schedule from C25K for free to hang on my wall next to my treadmill. Not sure if that helps u out any!
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Cardiotrainer
  • whitneymws
    whitneymws Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k is great when starting out. I use Nike+GPS, it's awesome. It logs your time, chimes in each mile to tell you your pace and gives you encouragement when you're getting close to your goal or running faster than usual. I officially hit 50 miles today (that I've logged on it - not all at once lol!) Highly recommend
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm using RunKeeperPRO (Android and Iphone) for keeping track of stats.

I'm using podcast from RunningIntoShape.com for the Couch to 5K program.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    I have CardioTrainer, RunKeeper, and iMapMyRun. They all do mostly the same things, but I'm still evaluating to see which one I like the best. Oh and that's on the Android platform, but I think they're all available for Apple too...at least the last two?
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    I have CardioTrainer, RunKeeper, and iMapMyRun. They all do mostly the same things, but I'm still evaluating to see which one I like the best. Oh and that's on the Android platform, but I think they're all available for Apple too...at least the last two?
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My hubby used Runkeeper a bit. Overall it's pretty good but sometimes the GPS would be wonky and it would say my hubby went hundreds of miles lol
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Love love love RunKeeper Pro! It's on iPhone and Android.
  • dianam1973
    Options
    i also love runkeeper!
  • lmuhammad
    Options
    thanks for the insights. i have been using runkeeper lite for the past week and i have downloaded micoach and thinking of evaluating it on a few runs.

running really feels good :)