results of 'Insanity'?

Options
I am getting the Insanity videos from a friend this week and i just wanted to know if the results are worth it? how long is it? did you seriously tone any muscles? and how much did you lose?? my belly is my biggest issue, and i would love it if insanity helped me get a flat tummy!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it yet, but I hear great things. The program is 60 days, each day's workout is 45 min long, and burn tons of calories.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Their nutrition guide gives you a calculation for calories you need and suggests subtracting 500 per day to lose 1lb a week. So, a reasonable goal would be 10lbs. I think many will bonk during the works outs being much more than 500 short unless they specifically fuel about 10 minutes before starting. I eventually had to pre-fuel an extra 240+ calories or so by the second 30 days
  • michis05
    michis05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Insanity is the best thing you can do!! it is very intense but so worth it... I am on my last week of month 2. And i will be honest i have missed a few days, but over all i have been losing inches like crazy, as well as pounds. My tummy is still my trouble zone but i see it going away. Like i said earlier it is very intense, but if you cant do some of the moves try to motify them. Keep up with it and you will be able to handle it. It a very fun work out :)
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    yay!! i'm excited!!
  • Guinepig
    Guinepig Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Their nutrition guide gives you a calculation for calories you need and suggests subtracting 500 per day to lose 1lb a week. So, a reasonable goal would be 10lbs. I think many will bonk during the works outs being much more than 500 short unless they specifically fuel about 10 minutes before starting. I eventually had to pre-fuel an extra 240+ calories or so by the second 30 days
    I am doing Insanity and am on my second phase. I was exausted by the end of month one so pre-fuiling sounds like an excellent idea. What would you pre-fuel with? Carbs, protein, in shake form, etc...?

PS. I haven't got far to go but I did get some results the first month...not much but husband lost 13lbs the first month. He's a big guy though.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    wow!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    The program is actually 63 days. The exercises will greatly improve your mid-section. Boring crunches and sit ups can't give you these results.
  • michis05
    michis05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    youhave to try it!! it sooo much fun!! like i said i slacked cuz of the holidays and being lazy at times...but honestly it is worth it. Just drink lots and lots of water, you will need it! make it your best friend!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I went from 175 to 145lbs thanks to Insanity =)

I still have a belly ( had two c-sections) but you can see that it is starting to get toned and underneath the belly fat I can feel my ab muscles getting stronger.

It has done an AMAZING job on my shoulders and legs though!! Even though it's a lot of cardio, you will still build strength!!

Now I'm doing TurboFire to change things up
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity and am on my second phase. I was exausted by the end of month one so pre-fuiling sounds like an excellent idea. What would you pre-fuel with? Carbs, protein, in shake form, etc...?

PS. I haven't got far to go but I did get some results the first month...not much but husband lost 13lbs the first month. He's a big guy though.

You would want to Pre Fuel with the P90X Results formula, AMP Endurance Booster, Endurox R4, or a runners nutrition gel. Gatorade Prime would suffice also.

I like the P90 or AMP better than Endurox R4 for Pre-Fuel. The P90 and AMP have Bcomplex vitamins to help with the energy. I also upped my post workout re-fuel to almost 500. Between the Pre and Post fueling I was replacing about 80% of the calories burned, most of course Glycogen.

A little AB hint. Find somewhere to do AB work with added weight. Either Bands or Weights can be used to add resistance. I used to do weighted on the floor work but I now stick to doing crunches sitting up on a bowflex with resistance to keep reps around 30(1 set twice a week). You don't go nuts or you could end up with big abs, but adding a little mass can help bring the abs through and help define their shape.
  • edorice
    Options

I usually workout at 5am in the morning, so if anything I'll just have half a banana. Also, sometimes we take Fuzion K-akg by Nutrishop. Some people have taken Jack3d as a pre-workout mix. I didn't like the tingly feeling and my husband didn't like it either. Both pre-workout mixes have caffeine.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

You would want to Pre Fuel with the P90X Results formula, AMP Endurance Booster, Endurox R4, or a runners nutrition gel. Gatorade Prime would suffice also.

I like the P90 or AMP better than Endurox R4 for Pre-Fuel. The P90 and AMP have Bcomplex vitamins to help with the energy. I also upped my post workout re-fuel to almost 500. Between the Pre and Post fueling I was replacing about 80% of the calories burned, most of course Glycogen.

A little AB hint. Find somewhere to do AB work with added weight. Either Bands or Weights can be used to add resistance. I used to do weighted on the floor work but I now stick to doing crunches sitting up on a bowflex with resistance to keep reps around 30(1 set twice a week). You don't go nuts or you could end up with big abs, but adding a little mass can help bring the abs through and help define their shape.

Tried the Gatorade, while doing Insanity and don't feel it did anything. Have you tried Jacked or any others?
  • JodyDawkins
    Options
    I just recently finished one round of Insanity. I did it to tone and shape my midsection and reduce body fat (or "lean out"). All my objectives were met on the program.

Regarding pre-fueling: I used one scoop of Accelerade (available at GNC) in the water I used during the workouts. I also scheduled my workout to occur between my lunch and midafternoon meal. On the days I felt like I needed an energy boost prior to my workout I would have a Shakeology.
  • ewarm24
    Options
    i did insanity and lost 18lbs, but i was in the worst shape of my life at 240lbs. i just used jack for a pre work out and didnt eat anything as i did my workout at 6am and i found i cant eat anything with jack or i get sick, but it worked great for me if i didnt eat anything, i would just have some 12 hour protein the night before. but if you stick with it, it will kick your butt. i then jumped to p90x and now do a hybrid of both and now i lost about 40lbs in one year. i had some issues with my diet so i prob could have lost more like 50lbs, but i learned from it. Good luck with it, just dont give up!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    i did insanity and lost 18lbs, but i was in the worst shape of my life at 240lbs. i just used jack for a pre work out and didnt eat anything as i did my workout at 6am and i found i cant eat anything with jack or i get sick, but it worked great for me if i didnt eat anything, i would just have some 12 hour protein the night before. but if you stick with it, it will kick your butt. i then jumped to p90x and now do a hybrid of both and now i lost about 40lbs in one year. i had some issues with my diet so i prob could have lost more like 50lbs, but i learned from it. Good luck with it, just dont give up!

Awesome transformation! My problem is I always get great results from a program then take a few weeks off to recover, get lazy and completely stop working out. Next thing you know I am back where I started. I'm definitely going to have to look into getting Jack3d, heard a lot of good things about it.
  • edorice
    Options

Awesome transformation! My problem is I always get great results from a program then take a few weeks off to recover, get lazy and completely stop working out. Next thing you know I am back where I started. I'm definitely going to have to look into getting Jack3d, heard a lot of good things about it.

I recommend Fuzion k-akg over Jack3d. Jack3d gives a crazy tingly feeling or flush around the ears and neck. Fuzion doesn't do that at all. Also, we only take that one recovery week at the end of a program and then jump right into the next.
  • ewarm24
    Options
    thanks stooo, yeah i love jack and also i like presurge unleashed. i use presurge unleashed right now and i only need one scoop but i just got back on my pre workout stuff after my 3 week cycle off, before i got to the point i was taking 2 1/2 scoops and wasnt really feeling it. i feel ya on the on and off thing, but i was so disgusted with how bad i let myself go i made up my mind to push forward and never go back, i had some problems with my diet cause i kept it around 2000 for so long. so i was staying at around 210 for about 4 months, then i found i should go up to 3000 for a month and then 2400 and then 1900 for a 3 month cycle, once i started this in Dec, the weight started comming back off. i should break into the 190's this week for the first time since i was 19 yrs old, over 10 years ago. But when i start dragging i just look at some old photos of me and it usually give me that push i need to stay focused, good luck brotha!

P.S. i love that tingly feeling jack gives you =)
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    you know what I think that is what is happeing to me!! this is week 4, and I am having trouble getting through the workouts these last few days!! I do it at 5:30am!! No food, I started drinking my recovery drink instead of water through out the workout to see if that helps any!!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that so far, I have noticed my belly going down tremendously!! That is where I can see the most results thus far!
  • Guinepig
    Guinepig Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the pre-fueling tips!