Moment of weakness...

Options
jrueckert
jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
This is just a tiny success story, but it needed to be shared. Yesterday was my first time in 2 weeks that I thought I was going to give in....I REALLY REALLY wanted a McDonalds Chicken Club Sandwich. I even put it in my diary, planning to get one on the way home from work. BUT! I didn't do it. I actually ended up drinking way more water than usual and I exercised 20 minutes longer than normal. It felt so good to overcome that temptation and I know I would have regretted eating that sandwich :) What's your minor success story??

Replies

• oldscratch
    Options
    GREAT SUCCESS!! good job...now I want a mcdonalds chicken club sandwich. damn. lol jk
  • onelifetolove2011
    Options
    Thats awesome!!! Way to stay strong.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    A major snow storm blew in from out of nowhere yesterday and I couldn't get my run in and was too lazy to want to get on my elliptical, but the success part is that I managed to stick to my 1200 calorie day. I was ravenous, but luckily I was tired too and went to bed early anyway. Wins all around. :smile:

Good job avoiding McDonalds! *high five*
  • slg92088
    slg92088 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Saying no to a box of danishs that someone brought into work today. I had breakfast and wasn't hunrgy, so I just said no thanks. It felt great to exercise some will power =)
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    That's a great success! Even "little" things can add up regardless of what the changes are. I am so happy for you that you resisted that temptation! You have inspired me... my goal for this week is going to be to resist some kind of bad food that I normally would have given into (usually thanks to my bf's bad eating habits)!
  • slimpower
    Options
    I am just starting so no success stories here yet.....Way to go...you will be at your goal sooner than you know!!! Breaking bad habits and temptations!! Good for you.:smile:
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Today I was at the gym an hour before the cardio class started, I guess I just sort of drove myself automatically after dropping the kiddos off, and when I realized how much time I had to burn I talked myself out of staying and began to drive home. The success part comes in when I got the intersection close to my house, knew I wouldn't do the cardio DVDs once I got home, and turned back around for the gym. I was sitting outside of class 10 minutes early and completed the workout, yay me ;)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was power walking with my dog for my exercise, and really sweating. These three adorable kids followed me and stopped me to pet my dog. After about 3 minutes I got antsy and said "sorry, guys, Lexie's gotta lose some weight, so we gotta keep moving!" even though I was tired.

Before now, I would have welcomed the break, but I did not yesterday!

P.S.- I really feel bad calling my dog overweight, as she is not overweight, but I thought Lexie would forgive me since I'm self-conscious about my weight.
    P.P.S.- After I called my dog fat, she pulled me the rest of the way, just to show me up. Smart dog!
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo good for you! I have not had McDonalds since the middle of December and last week I stopped there to get my daughter lunch after preschool and I was on the way to the gym. The guy told me the fires were hot so she should be careful so I just gave her the hambuger to get started wtih.....for 25 min I drove with those fries sitting on the seat next to me cooling down I was so tempted to munch on a few but I fouhg thru the urge and didn't have a one!
  • fatjaws
    Options
    That's awesome! Doesn't it feel good to do that??? Good for you!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Oh the other i was driving by my favorite confectionary and i wanted a ganache ..i even took out money from my wallet but then i was like that'd be around 450 calories alone..I drove home :P
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Well done! :smile:
  • Wandami
    Wandami Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    YAY for you!!!...I walked past my coworkers desk and wasn't the least bit tempted by her array of gooey snacks. I felt satisfied knowing that I had a bowl of fruit and nuts waiting for me at my desk...=0)
  • sweebeesmom
    Options
    i turned down a free ice cream sandwich. it wasn't too hard (i'm not really into cold desserts on my teeth,) but it felt good doing it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!