Moment of weakness...

jrueckert
jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
edited September 23 in Success Stories
This is just a tiny success story, but it needed to be shared. Yesterday was my first time in 2 weeks that I thought I was going to give in....I REALLY REALLY wanted a McDonalds Chicken Club Sandwich. I even put it in my diary, planning to get one on the way home from work. BUT! I didn't do it. I actually ended up drinking way more water than usual and I exercised 20 minutes longer than normal. It felt so good to overcome that temptation and I know I would have regretted eating that sandwich :) What's your minor success story??

Replies

• GREAT SUCCESS!! good job...now I want a mcdonalds chicken club sandwich. damn. lol jk
  • Thats awesome!!! Way to stay strong.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    A major snow storm blew in from out of nowhere yesterday and I couldn't get my run in and was too lazy to want to get on my elliptical, but the success part is that I managed to stick to my 1200 calorie day. I was ravenous, but luckily I was tired too and went to bed early anyway. Wins all around. :smile:

Good job avoiding McDonalds! *high five*
  • slg92088
    slg92088 Posts: 12 Member
    Saying no to a box of danishs that someone brought into work today. I had breakfast and wasn't hunrgy, so I just said no thanks. It felt great to exercise some will power =)
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    That's a great success! Even "little" things can add up regardless of what the changes are. I am so happy for you that you resisted that temptation! You have inspired me... my goal for this week is going to be to resist some kind of bad food that I normally would have given into (usually thanks to my bf's bad eating habits)!
  • I am just starting so no success stories here yet.....Way to go...you will be at your goal sooner than you know!!! Breaking bad habits and temptations!! Good for you.:smile:
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Today I was at the gym an hour before the cardio class started, I guess I just sort of drove myself automatically after dropping the kiddos off, and when I realized how much time I had to burn I talked myself out of staying and began to drive home. The success part comes in when I got the intersection close to my house, knew I wouldn't do the cardio DVDs once I got home, and turned back around for the gym. I was sitting outside of class 10 minutes early and completed the workout, yay me ;)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Yesterday I was power walking with my dog for my exercise, and really sweating. These three adorable kids followed me and stopped me to pet my dog. After about 3 minutes I got antsy and said "sorry, guys, Lexie's gotta lose some weight, so we gotta keep moving!" even though I was tired.

Before now, I would have welcomed the break, but I did not yesterday!

P.S.- I really feel bad calling my dog overweight, as she is not overweight, but I thought Lexie would forgive me since I'm self-conscious about my weight.
    P.P.S.- After I called my dog fat, she pulled me the rest of the way, just to show me up. Smart dog!
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Whoo hoo good for you! I have not had McDonalds since the middle of December and last week I stopped there to get my daughter lunch after preschool and I was on the way to the gym. The guy told me the fires were hot so she should be careful so I just gave her the hambuger to get started wtih.....for 25 min I drove with those fries sitting on the seat next to me cooling down I was so tempted to munch on a few but I fouhg thru the urge and didn't have a one!
  • That's awesome! Doesn't it feel good to do that??? Good for you!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Oh the other i was driving by my favorite confectionary and i wanted a ganache ..i even took out money from my wallet but then i was like that'd be around 450 calories alone..I drove home :P
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Well done! :smile:
  • Wandami
    Wandami Posts: 65 Member
    YAY for you!!!...I walked past my coworkers desk and wasn't the least bit tempted by her array of gooey snacks. I felt satisfied knowing that I had a bowl of fruit and nuts waiting for me at my desk...=0)
  • i turned down a free ice cream sandwich. it wasn't too hard (i'm not really into cold desserts on my teeth,) but it felt good doing it.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!