Ladies: difference in cellulite after weight loss?

Options
Like many of women, I have some cellulite on the back of my legs. It's not as bad as it could be, but sometimes I wonder if it will ever go away. So for those of you who know, is there massive difference in cellulite after you lose weight / tone up? I've heard it's impossible to get rid of completely...

Replies

• ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    I don't think it ever goes away. I had a tiny tiny bit when I weighed 115 and also the same when I weighed 160. I've been working out 4-5 times a week for about 8 months now and it's still there. It hasn't gotten worse though, even through 2 pregnancies and weight gain and loss.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    bump

Forgive me, what does "bump" mean? I've seen it before...
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It's hereditary. Based on what I see with my own body, being skinny does not help, but exercising (particularly lifting weights) can reduce it.
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Ohh I hope it reduces... I've got a lot to lose so maybe.

Bump is what people put in posts to keep it at the top of the recent posts. Also, you can see it in your recent topics.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I would agree with others, but I would say it gets less noticeable.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on the person and possibly how quickly you lose the weight. Since cellulite is unevenly distributed fat under the skin, I pretty much guarantee you will lose a good portion of the cellulite with weight loss, but I doubt it will go completely away. Just make sure you don't lose the weight too fast and make sure you stay VERY hydrated, that way you are more likely to get rid of the cellulite and not get stretch marks (or not as bad at least). When I was a freshman in college, for the first time I was getting to be close to overweight. During that time I got & gained quite a bit of cellulite, also for the first time. I tried the different creams, etc and although they did work quite well for the day, they didnt have any lasting effect. When I lost the majority of that weight by cutting out processed/refined foods and doing lots of cardio (elliptical mainly) with some weight training mostly on my legs, I toned up a lot (its still shocking to me how toned I got from just those things), and lost all of the cellulite in my legs shockingly - but i lost the weight slowly and I think thats key. So I feel that it is possible to lose the cellulite if you are very toned, but its not likely for you to lose all of it. However, I think you would lose enough of it that no one would notice any cellulite you still have. Cellulite is just something the majority of us, especially women, have regardless of fitness levels. Some people won't ever get cellulite but the majority will at least a little bit.

I just suggest you drink tons of water, as much as possible, exercise both cardio & strength training (especially where you have the cellulite), and eat lots of fruits and vegetables (organic is best) or try a "clean" diet. The less refined/processed foods you consume the easier it will be to not only lose weight, but also cellulite. Best of luck & we are all with you on this!