New Member Today--Looking for hope!

Options
Hi, I am new on this site and looking for hope and support. I have 2 children, 1 with Autism. My life has really been put on hold for the last few years since my son was diagnosed. I have put in so much time helping and addressing his issues that I have lost myself along the way. He is doing very well and I am at the point now where I am disgusted with myself. I want to feel good about myself. I can't fit into my clothes, and when I do....I look in the mirror disgusted! I am hoping by joining this network that I can make a committment and keep to it so I can be successful at managing my weight. My BMI numbers revealed that I am obese, which I never really considered myself to be. Along with the fact that I am not healthy. I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer 3 years ago and I really want to get healthy and feel good about me. It's really heart-breaking for me and I know that there are people out there that need help and support and probably have similar issues. That is why I am here.

Replies

• mariasheehan
    Options
    well you've come to the right place. I am a mom too and I know what it's like to throw yourself into your kids and not give yourself anytime. Your son is very lucky to have such a loving and caring mother. I'd really like to help and support you; please add me if you'd like, I hope I can share some of the things I've learned and give you support xxx
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi,you will find so much support on this site.When you need answers or maybe your just having a crappy day,there is always someone out there,willing to help put a smile on your face or just listen to your frustrations.Good luck with all your goals and I do hope that you are successful in achieving exactly what you are after.:smile:
  • marysimmons
    marysimmons Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    THIS IS A VERY GREAT SITE TO HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP TRACK OF CALORIES!! AND IT IS FULL OF ENCORAGEMENT!! WELCOME AND I AM HERE TO SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGE YOU!!!
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Hi, I am new on this site and looking for hope and support. I have 2 children, 1 with Autism. My life has really been put on hold for the last few years since my son was diagnosed. I have put in so much time helping and addressing his issues that I have lost myself along the way. He is doing very well and I am at the point now where I am disgusted with myself. I want to feel good about myself. I can't fit into my clothes, and when I do....I look in the mirror disgusted! I am hoping by joining this network that I can make a committment and keep to it so I can be successful at managing my weight. My BMI numbers revealed that I am obese, which I never really considered myself to be. Along with the fact that I am not healthy. I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer 3 years ago and I really want to get healthy and feel good about me. It's really heart-breaking for me and I know that there are people out there that need help and support and probably have similar issues. That is why I am here.
    Welcome aboard! You have definitely come to the right place...I say that after only losing 4 lbs., but I am still at it and if I weren't here, well, I wouldn't be 4 lbs. thinner...Ya know what I mean! Sorry about your Mom and son. Being the mother of 5, I totally hear you! Would love to be a friend..
  • oldscratch
    Options
    welcome! YOU ARE NOT ALONE! we're all here for ya!
  • cgcotten
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • momof26
    Options
    Welcome! We are all in the same place with the weight issue. Good luck with your journey and this is a wonderful site with MANY supportive people!
  • K3LLYSU3
    K3LLYSU3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have been here about 3 weeks now & I just love it. There is so much support, the more friends the better. Everyone has been WONDERFUL. We are all here for the same reason so everyone knows where we come from. I would love to help you as well, you can add me if you like....Kelly
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    This site will change your life :) Welcome!!
  • sunshinesukie
    sunshinesukie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just want to add my 'Hello and welcome' to all the others. Add me as a friend by all means. I don't have kids but anyone on this site has at least one thing in common, they want to lose weight. I have found the other members really helpful, it's only been three weeks so far but already 20lb down and more than that I LOVE IT! I love the control you have. So much better than the 'weigh and pray' type slimming classes and, I can really see me carrying on with this long-term ... which is something I have never dared to say before, shhhhhh ... don't tell anyone!