Water flavorings

Options
Does any one use the water flavor packets? What are your experiences with and thoughts on them?

Replies

• TheBrandonEspinosa
    Options
    I have gotten multiple flavors of Mixade. Low calories and taste great.
  • hollyshobbies
    Options
    there great for getting used to drinking water when you hate it like i did. they contain alot of aspartame and theres alot of mixed feelings towards aspartame... i think it makes me feel bloated and i would rather have a glass of water over flavorings.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I like diet snapple and ocean spray mixes.
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I use the great value brand peach tea and lemonade. I like them but maybe only have them once a week if that. Anything in moderation is ok.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I love the Special K20 water packets. They are 30 cals, but you get 5 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber, so it is more like a small snack. Very tasty and satisfies my sweet cravings.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I use them frequently, daily perhaps, because I'm not big on water. If I'm craving a soda, they are perfect. I go to wal-mart and get the vitamin enhanced mix for metabolism and the one for energy, and I really feel better when I drink them. I think that if you need a boost or something sweet, these can really help out! And my doc says they are a "free food", so I can drink them all day (and I can afford to, at 15 cents a packet!)
  • k80mac
    k80mac Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use crystal light singles. I only use about 1/3 of the package though, just enough to add life to the water. our water at work is AWFUL. i recommend peach tea and raspberry ice. :)
  • bjmk19047
    Options
    I use Propel Water Packets. Love the grape!!!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I use them for a change up from plain water or the lemon / lime juice I add. I do find that they taste "better" when I use them in 1L of water instead of the 500mL they suggest so that stretches them even further.

Just watch what's sweetening them, I use Crystal light sometimes, but am not fond of the corn dextrin, corn is in way too many things. I have used Arizona iced tea before but haven't been able to find them lately locally at least. When I see the aspartame etc sweeteners I figure I might as well be drinking diet soda but I'm getting clear of those!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I just recently started adding Benefiber Orange to my water. Tastes great and gives me a little extra boost of fiber. And I think it is only 5 calories a serving.
  • kelleyo68
    Options
    We use them all the time, even the kids! They would rather the flavors for their water than soda.
    I know everyone is concerned with the aspertaine, but I do think things in moderation are fine. I have grown up on diet everything, my brother is a diabetic, now so is my son, we have all been very healthy, so Im not so sure about some of these studies.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I can't go a day without my nestea citrus tea water flavouring packets. They are 5 calories for each packet you put into 500mL of water and they are made with splenda not aspertame. Aspertame gives me very bad headaches and a terrible after taste to which splenda does not,
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I use the Crystal Light Pure fitness - i just read the ingredients in the one i have on my desk and i dont think it has Splenda or aspartame or sacchrin. it DOES have some calories though...30 for a whole packet.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I have squash if I fancy a change, my favourite is pink grapefruit and also I am a huge fan of ribena, yum! You can get so many flavours now it makes drinking water so nice. I think that the sugar free ones are almost as tasty as the ordinary ones and so it gives you a bigger choice. My son and husband like forest fruits and also lime. Orange is the biggie though.
  • c4mussel
    Options
    I drink GreenTeaHP from GreenTeaPros as an alternative to sodas. I like the variety (25+ flavors).
  • biggerpix
    Options
    thanks everyone. I love these things. I hate water and people laugh at me when I tell them I just hate the taste of plain water. I've been using these in so many flavors that I drink more water now than I ever drank in pop and coffee. I was hoping you'd have positive things to say because I was worried they had some hidden ingredient in them that held up weight loss. :happy:
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Some people say the artificial stuff can hold up weight loss. I love crystal light and if that's how I can get my water in for the day, so be it. I haven't noticed any difficulty losing weight. I also like to drink "skinny water". It has no calories, sugar, or sodium. Good luck!
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I use them daily. Water just doesn't cut it for breakfast, so the Crystal Light Classic Orange Sunrise is a great replacement to orange juice. I also love green tea, so I use the Arizona and Lipton green tea packets as well.
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I use them...I fill my water bottle with water and one packet and as I drink it down add more water. I usually only use one packet a day. I love the ocean spray ones and haven't noticed anything with them. keeps me away from the sodas.
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this too.

I *hate* the way water tastes (I miss my old sun-dried farm hose rural water) lol

But alas I live in the city and the water here is -disgusting- and I also hate the plastic taste of almost all bottled waters. I drink soda over it because of the taste.

If I can add some sort of flavoring to mask it, that's great!

I usually use the sugar free great value "crystal light-type" flavorings.

If there is anything better, I'm ALL ears!