Frustrated!!!!!

Options
I have been very good about logging all my food (and I do mean all) eating healthy and exercising and yet I managed to go up 2lbs this week. Last year I lost 40lbs (Jan-May) and until recently have not been actively trying to lose any more weight. Now nothing seems to happen!

Any suggestions, or is this something I just have to stick with it and it will pass? Is this a plateau or maybe muscle gain from exercise?

Grrrr!

Replies

• katiefraay
    Options
    I dont have advise but I'm there with you, haven't lost anything yet.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    At this point, stop focusing on your weight and buy a tape measure to measure your inches lost. This is way more accurate anyway, and then if you go up a pound but you lose half an inch, you still know your hard work is worth it!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    True! Tape measure will probably show some inches shed. I wasn't losing anything really but maybe a few pounds total for a month but lost overall 12 inches. So I say it's a good idea to measure!!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have been very good about logging all my food (and I do mean all) eating healthy and exercising and yet I managed to go up 2lbs this week. Last year I lost 40lbs (Jan-May) and until recently have not been actively trying to lose any more weight. Now nothing seems to happen!

Any suggestions, or is this something I just have to stick with it and it will pass? Is this a plateau or maybe muscle gain from exercise?

Grrrr!

I know this is easier said then done but go by how your clothes are feeling maybe you have lost inches and not lbs. Also, If you have been following the same exercise regiment for the past 6 weeks, your body might have gotten used to it. Increasing the intensity and/or duration might help. Also, keep yourself well hydrated so that your body does not retain water.
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sorry -- no advice, but I'm right there with you! Frustrated.
  • TheBrandonEspinosa
    Options
    There could be many factors like did you eat before you weighed yourself? the day before, did you eat more than normal? did you consume a lot of water before the weight in? As well as, if you have been working out a lot lately, you could have put on muscle weight as well. Body weight can fluctuate between 1-5 pounds a day, up or down. Don't get discouraged, its just the norm for your body to do this.
  • destinyshoop
    Options
    I had the same problem at one point, I went to my weigh-in and had lost nothing. I was very upset so my trainer measured me and I had lost 3 inches.....The following week I dropped 5 lbs. doing the same thing I had done the week prior....so keep it up and you will see results.
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    Try to pay attention to what types of foods your eating...protiens are better than carbs, how's you sugar/salt and water, multivitamin. Maybe your not getting enough calories.
  • katiefraay
    Options
    I just did my measurements and I went way down, so check yours too. It might be all muscle gain, muscle weighs more than fat.
  • bridred8
    bridred8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning at the same time. I am also fairly consistant with my food intake, I spread it between 5 smaller meals and focus on more protein and less carbs.

I will measure and see if that has changed any.

Thanks everyone.
  • hariceri
    Options
    Its not just me then...

Its quite disheartening when you see others doing their weigh ins and have lost pounds. I have put on 3!? I dont understand how as I have been logging everything and am trying to be online with the calorific guideline but generally falling under the amound suggested. I have been working out too. To no avail, for the last 3 weeks since I started this I have gained 3 pounds instead of losing 3! :mad: