cramps

Options
I have heard so many women say that exercise helps to ease their cramps. That is not at all the case with me. If I work too hard during that TOM, I end up doubled over in pain. Last night, I did a hard bike ride. With only about 5 minutes to home, the cramps started suddenly and they hit with full force. By the time I got home, I could barely climb the stairs, it hurt so much. Anyone else have to deal with that? It makes it really hard to exercise for almost an entire week.

Replies

• RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Are you also drinking a lot of water. I know this is TMI but it is my TOM and I haven't had hardly any pain (although I have been craving choclate so bad I would eat my own hand if it were dipped in chocolate:tongue: )
  • mkmfrog
    mkmfrog Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!

Exercise painfully exacerbates my cramps....to the point of tears. The most I can do the first two days of TOM is a slow treadmill walk and that's a big maybe.

I just give myself grace during that time.
  • aspahr11610
    Options
    If I do a light workout it does not hurt, but if I do a hard workout I end up in pain. Usually I just do an easy 30 minute walk or swim. If I'm at Arthur Murray (Ballroom Dance is my exercise choice) I usually dance a song and then sit a song out and then dance a song. I never skip exercising. At times I have gone to the YMCA treaded water easily for 30 minutes as well. Good Luck. I would refrain from vigorous exercise and try something light...even if its a stroll at your local mall.