Mounds Bar Martini

Options
TrainerRobin
TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
C'mon. We can't ALWAYS be good. If you like Mounds bars, you'll love this little number. Yummo!

My NEW Favorite!!!! Yummo!!!!

Hungry Girl's Mounds Bar Martini

One 25 calorie packet of diet hot cocoa mix
3 ounces of Vodka
2 ounces sugar-free coconut espresso syrup
2 tablespoons fat free Reddi-whip

Directions:
Combine cocoa mix with 2 ounces of hot water in a glass until dissolved. Add 2 ounces cold water and other ingredients (use a shaker). Add ice and shake till super cold. Strain into two martini glasses and enjoy!

I use a touch of fat free half and half to wet the rim and then dip the rim into a mixture of dark unsweetened cocoa powder and vanilla sugar (regular sugar is fine!).

Serves 2

Nutrition per serving:
112 calories, 0 grams of fat, 80 mgs of sodium, 2.5 grams of carbs, .5 g fiber, 1.5 g sugars, 1 gram protein

Replies

• jennlee80
    Options
    Sounds AWESOME!
  • jmmtaylor
    Options
    OMG Sounds so yummy!
  • xxjessikatxx
    Options
    yum yum
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    YUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • KristyF08
    KristyF08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    WOW! That sounds so yummy, might have to try it this weekend!!!! :drinker:
  • ashlee954
    Options
    Question- what kind of vodka is that low cal? Vodka is typically ~70 cals/ounce. So this would be 210 cals just for the vodka alone but your nutrition facts say 214 cals for the whole recipe (2 servings). I'm confused. :(
  • TrainerRobin
    Options
    Question- what kind of vodka is that low cal? Vodka is typically ~70 cals/ounce. So this would be 210 cals just for the vodka alone but your nutrition facts say 214 cals for the whole recipe (2 servings). I'm confused. :(

64 calories for each ounce of vodka x 3 ounces = 192 calories
    192 calories + 25 calories (for the cocoa mix) = 217
    217 divided by two servings = 108.5 calories per drink PLUS the whipped topping = 112 calories per serving.

Did I miss something?
  • TrainerRobin
    Options

Many of the flavored vodkas are about 70 calories (the flavoring adds about 5 calories to the basic shot).
    But ... sometimes, they're worth it huh? :)
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    that sounds wonderful!
  • TrainerRobin
    Options
    They are super delicious and yes, they are sweet (but I have a sweet tooth ... nobody has EVER heard me say, "oh that's just a little too sweet for me!"). But I'll warn you, these adult coconut flavored chocolate milk martinis are smooth and they go down rather smoothly ... and quickly. Made some for me and my sister and lets just say we had a second batch no long after the first. Yum!
  • ashlee954
    Options

Many of the flavored vodkas are about 70 calories (the flavoring adds about 5 calories to the basic shot).
    But ... sometimes, they're worth it huh? :)

I don't drink flavored. Just regular.
  • Rachaely
    Rachaely Posts: 113
    Options
    Bump!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Yummy!! I have some peanut butter vodka @ home that would give it good kick!
  • maleah18
    maleah18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whoa. Did you say peanut butter vodka?! Where on earth can I get that? Peanut butter vodka...bestill my heart.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Whoa. Did you say peanut butter vodka?! Where on earth can I get that? Peanut butter vodka...bestill my heart.

Yes, peanut butter vodka and it makes a crazy Reese Cup Martini. I got it from the Dogfish Head Brew Pub/distillery in Rehoboth Beach, DE. Their beer is distributed nationally...it's good stuff.
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump!
    On some antibotics right now, but as soon as I can, I'm so trying this. It sounds DELISH!
  • swimz98
    swimz98 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am definitely trying this!