CELLULITE!!! CAN YOU GET RID OF IT??

Options
IVE NOTICE I HAVE CELLULITE ON MY LEGS?? CAN YOU GET RID OF IT W EXERCISE.... OR IM I GONNA LOOSE WEIGHT AND STILL HAVE THE CELLULITE???? DISGUSTING!!!!!

Replies

• MissFDavis
    Options
    I've been told once you are at the ideal weight for your height that cellulite will lesson, with exercise of course. As long as you are eating the right things & exercising regularly (being sure to focus on toning the legs along with everything else), you should see some improvement.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Water and feed the skin is what I've heard is great. Helps tighten skin when you hydrate it and feed it good nutrition(meaning eat good foods). I've started skin brushing because I heard it helps tighten skin. I need all the tightening I can get since I already have some loose skin on my arms. Exfoliating is good. I get that with a skin brush(dry) its also making my skin so soft. I need to really get consistent with it.

Of course keep the cardio exercise up too. Its less a toning thing as it is just burning up calories and keeping metabolism in fat burning mode.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Strength training and toning!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    It's definitely hereditary, so if your mom has it you are VERY likely to have it regardless of how much you work out/eat right. I have noticed, however, that eating right and exercising has helped slightly reduce it. And don't forget WATER, WATER, WATER!!!

On the other hand, if cellulite doesn't run in your family and it's purely from weight gain, you are far more likely to be able to lose it.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Bump. I want to hear from those that have lost weight, now at 'ideal' weight and exercise-- does the cellulite burn off?
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    My wife had this issue, and we researched it in-depth. Cellulite's major causes are two-fold - 1: Genetics. You're stuck with those, so let's look at #2: Excess sub-cutaneous fat. Ahhh...now there's something we can work on.

In simple terms, the fat layer under your skin has broken through the 'mesh' that holds back, resulting in that not-so-pretty pattern. Skin creams, tighteners, massages, etc will NOT lessen it...sorry. Plenty of people will tell you they do (they typically are either selling you something, or trying to convince themselves that it will work), but they don't.

So, you need to lose the underlying fat layer. How to do that? Burn more than what you take in. Simple in concept, no always so in execution. Increase your BMR by building muscle, and decrease your fat by burning more than you consume on a regular, long-term basis. It's going to take hard work, and in the end some of it may be out of your control based on genetics...but at the very worst, you'll be healthier, happier and sexier - cellulite or not.
  • gloria84
    gloria84 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Me too!! that will be interesting!!! Mine is not hederitary my mom does not have any at all!!! so hoping is purely due to my body being overweight.....
  • joleanrook
    Options
    You can definitely DECREASE your cellulite with diet and exercise but it will not eliminate it entirely.

Go to this link, this website/magazine is the expert on all things beauty -- this link will take you to all of their cellulite related articles, they are amazing and tell you what products and foods can help, what exercise can reduce it, the causes, etc. It's a goldmine of information.

http://www.newbeauty.com/dailybeauty/searchresults.aspx?sp=cellulite
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Me too!! that will be interesting!!! Mine is not hederitary my mom does not have any at all!!! so hoping is purely due to my body being overweight.....

If you haven't struggled with it for a good portion of your life, it should come off.

Even when I was 14 and in the best shape of my life (sports, dance, cheer etc...) My cellulite was still there.

But It's okay! I've learned to accept it and move on. The fact that I work on it everyday makes me proud of my body and unafraid to show off my legs. I've earned them! =)
  • gloria84
    Options
    My wife had this issue, and we researched it in-depth. Cellulite's major causes are two-fold - 1: Genetics. You're stuck with those, so let's look at #2: Excess sub-cutaneous fat. Ahhh...now there's something we can work on.

In simple terms, the fat layer under your skin has broken through the 'mesh' that holds back, resulting in that not-so-pretty pattern. Skin creams, tighteners, massages, etc will NOT lessen it...sorry. Plenty of people will tell you they do (they typically are either selling you something, or trying to convince themselves that it will work), but they don't.

So, you need to lose the underlying fat layer. How to do that? Burn more than what you take in. Simple in concept, no always so in execution. Increase your BMR by building muscle, and decrease your fat by burning more than you consume on a regular, long-term basis. It's going to take hard work, and in the end some of it may be out of your control based on genetics...but at the very worst, you'll be healthier, happier and sexier - cellulite or not.
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    I started my last post saying my wife had this concern. She is a workout freak, and also likes her food! She was a fit 128 lbs, 5' 4" 37 year old with quite a bit of cellulite. Today she is an even fitter 123 lbs, woman with virtually no cellulite. It does come off...but in her experience, it was the last thing to come off! BTW...she's amazingly gorgeous and worked hard at it....I'm a lucky man!!!
    Bump. I want to hear from those that have lost weight, now at 'ideal' weight and exercise-- does the cellulite burn off?
  • gloria84
    Options

Awesome... totally makes since... and its not genetics for sure!!! So there is more hope..lol!! Ill take your great advice..
    Thanks
  • gloria84
    Options
    You can definitely DECREASE your cellulite with diet and exercise but it will not eliminate it entirely.

Go to this link, this website/magazine is the expert on all things beauty -- this link will take you to all of their cellulite related articles, they are amazing and tell you what products and foods can help, what exercise can reduce it, the causes, etc. It's a goldmine of information.

http://www.newbeauty.com/dailybeauty/searchresults.aspx?sp=cellulite

Thanks!!!
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I had cellutlite and spider veins on my legs and once i started working out and lost the weight they both went away!!!