I gave in.....

Options
... to a cherry & chocolate filler pastry =/

I stayed within my 1200 calories but I should not have given in.
Am I being to hard on myself or should I have had more self control?
Is anyone else giving in or has?

I heard that if you are craving for something, you should go for it but don't over do it.
Don't know if I like the way that sounds though.

Replies

• Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I heard that if you are craving for something, you should go for it but don't over do it.
  • celnow
    Options
    Hey! Don't sweat it! You've been doing good so far. If you really wanted it and stayed within your calories, good for you. If you feel guilty, workout! That will get rid of the guilt :)
  • tnkitty
    tnkitty Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bah it's okay to have a treat once in a while.
  • soccermommie02
    Options
    we are all human... I have been so faithful for 2 weeks and yesterday went to a cook out. I got small serving of a few things . I figure if I keep with in my calorie all week I deserve to have a treat. I was told also that gives your body a break and will help give you a boost... hopfully

Good luck to you !
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even worry about it. It's good to not deprive yourself of the things you love. Besides, as long as you didn't look at it as a reward but, as a delicous treat.. why not? The advice I've heard about is to not use food as a reward, to give yourself a break and enjoy a food you love, and to not be so hard on yourself. It's only a bad thing if you do it every day and if you use this as an excuse to have something else...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    You mean like my 3 Margaritas? I feel your pain, Skinnier. Tomorrow is a new day. We get a blank diary in 21/2 hours ;-)

oxox cm
  • EHBRown28
    EHBRown28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I believe that the point of counting calories and staying within your limit - which you did - is so that this becomes a lifestyle and NOT a diet, where certain foods are forbidden FOREVER. I personally believe that is why diets have failed me, such as South Beach. I will NOT live and never eat sugar again. I too gave in over the w/e, but kept it at my caloric limit. No guilt here. You are doing GREAT - so keep it up!

EHBrown28
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone that you shouldn't beat yourself up for having something good to eat once in a while. I love chocolate so maybe once a week I have a piece. I just have a smaller lunch which usually salad. Enjoy once in a while.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I'm just so used to not eating those things when I'm trying to lose weight.
    I was kinda shocked when I didn't go over my calroies.

For once in my life, I did not over eat when I went to Red Lobster today.
    I had 2 small crab cakes & a bite of a mozerella stick.
    I was actually full.
    My hubby was proud of me and so was I :-)
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options

If you fit it in your calories for the day-- enjoy! It's called eating for real life. I've decided that no fod is worth giving up completely. I have to learn the art of balancing higher calorie foods with nutritious, whole veggies. To example, Costco has this amazing sausage and pepperoni calzone. Its 530 calories though! So-- I eat half of one, and add a cup or two of green beans or broccoli. This way I'm practicing balance: having a decadent meal with fresh low calorie veggies. Win-win!! ☺
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you're under your calories, you can lose weight eating nothing but pastry. It really doesn't matter what you eat.

What you eat is important for your health, but not your weight loss. :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I had a 400 cal Eccles cake this evening and don't give a toss. It will all even out in the end.
    Enjoy treats without regret. They are treats; not everyday events.

Cheers, h

Oh oh, just checked my weekly goal and I have 7 minutes to eat 537 cals....,the ice cream is calling. Hee hee.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You stayed within your calories. .congrats .. on to a new day
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    You stayed within your calories. You presumably ate well the rest of the day, and had a treat.
    Sounds like a win to me.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I had cookie dough ice cream and it was delicious. I stayed within my calories so I enjoyed without guilt. Guilt takes away the pleasure. Just enjoy and stay within calories.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I think this wins the prize for oldest necro'ed thread I've seen so far.