Couch to 5K- Week 2

Options
Is anyone out there on week 2 of couch to 5k and wants a support buddy?? I'm also interested in starting the 100 Pushup Challenge

Replies

• Aaronc909
    Options
    I am on week 2 :). Feel free to add!
  • Shanalee2011
    Options
    I started the couch to 5K last week and I am on week 2. I am a little behind my planned dates due to snow and weather!! What is the push up thing about?
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 5, Day 3. Tomorrow is 20 minutes of jogging straight through. I am scared. Hold me! Ha!
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day of week 2! I am definetly not a runner but I felt great afterwards. Judging by how I felt after the first day of week one I can already see a increase in stamina! Plus, as an extra bonus since I started the couch to 5k ive lost a total of six pounds. (I screwed up my lb counter, so its three pounds behind me, lol). I can't wait till im able to run an entire 5k.... i even have one planned for April 16th!
  • mmanderr18
    mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 5, Day 3. Tomorrow is 20 minutes of jogging straight through. I am scared. Hold me! Ha!

You can do it!! Just think about how great you will feel and how proud you will be of yourself!!
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    We have a thread of a bunch of people if any of you are interested. They're all really supportive and at various points in the program - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/157757-new-couch-to-5k-c25k-thread-anyone-out-there-in-week-1
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Are you guys enjoying Couch25K? I'm thinking of doing it over the summer after I get down to 160 pounds (G1) to help me get down to G2 135.
  • mmanderr18
    mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Are you guys enjoying Couch25K? I'm thinking of doing it over the summer after I get down to 160 pounds (G1) to help me get down to G2 135.

I think it is so great! I played field hockey in high school and every summer our coach would send us an adapted version of this program for our summer training. It does a great job of building you up slowly and I really like that I can put the workouts on a calendar and check them off as I go. I love the feeling of crossing it off when I finish! And its nice because if you feel like you aren't ready to move on to the next week you can repeat a week. Its great to get you and keep you moving!

Why wait till you get to 160 lb? I'm at 182 right now and I'm NOT a runner whatsoever and I'm not having much trouble with it. I actually do it after being on the elliptical for 60 minutes, although that might have to change as I get further in the program. Start it now with us!! In 9 weeks you'll be able to run 3 miles without stopping!
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options

I think it is so great! I played field hockey in high school and every summer our coach would send us an adapted version of this program for our summer training. It does a great job of building you up slowly and I really like that I can put the workouts on a calendar and check them off as I go. I love the feeling of crossing it off when I finish! And its nice because if you feel like you aren't ready to move on to the next week you can repeat a week. Its great to get you and keep you moving!

Why wait till you get to 160 lb? I'm at 182 right now and I'm NOT a runner whatsoever and I'm not having much trouble with it. I actually do it after being on the elliptical for 60 minutes, although that might have to change as I get further in the program. Start it now with us!! In 9 weeks you'll be able to run 3 miles without stopping!

I figure that once I hit 160, I'm going to want to mix it up, and it'll be nice enough to go "run" outside a little bit.
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options

I want to try it, but like you I have a weight goal I NEED to hit before I do. I am WAY too big to go running now, but I really look forward to the day when I can start it. I am hoping by fall.