First At-Home Workout!

Options
So I thought I had gotten the Walk away the pounds 1 and 2 mile DVD from NetFlix. Imagine my surprise when I popped in the DVD and it was the 3 mile Super Fat Burning one! It was hard for me, and I did have to go back to just power walking a couple of times (and also to get my 3 year old out of the way as he tried to follow along! Lol). But I finished it and feel GREAT!!!! I'm excited to keep it going!!!!

Replies

• stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about those....are you basically just walking in place for these?

Good for you for sticking it out! :)
  • chewysmommy
    Options
    I understand what you mean. I have been doing the Leslie Sansone walking DVD and a while ago I was trying the one mile....well, since Ive been on this site, Ive been doing the 3 mile each day. It is wonderful! I get so much energy afterwards. It is funny though, because I have a 4 month old that I keep in his swing while I exercise. He smiles, and laughs, and then falls asleep. I have a three year old also who comes down and will exercise me a little bit- like 10 or 15 minutes. I think it is a great example to them though. Good luck!!
  • melodious2878
    Options
    I love the walk at home dvds! I have the 4 really big mile and the 5 mile one. Love them! The 5 miles can be done one mile every morning or all 5 at one time. Each mile work a different part of the body. I do the 4 really big miles mostly and then switch to the other one when i'm bored or feel like my body needs a change. :)
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    BUMP -- for me to check out later. And, congratulations on finishing it. That's great.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    good for you. just keep it up.
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    Good job! Keep at it!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about those....are you basically just walking in place for these?

The basic step is power walking, but there's also knee lifts, kick-backs, front kicks, side steps, arm work with weights (or you can not use weights...I didn't b/c I can't find mine), and then some stretching at the end. It's low impact so if you're looking for something more with jumping etc this isn't it. I liked it, and it's a good beginner system to use since it's easy to follow.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just did the 3 mile express. Holy moly..do not go from doing nothing to doing that right away. I finished it, but just about died. lol!

Great job to you for doing one that is probably a lot harder!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Thats what I want to know. I saw the dvds at the store and was going to get them but I don't know too much about them...hmmm maybe I can find it on youtube
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

The basic step is power walking, but there's also knee lifts, kick-backs, front kicks, side steps, arm work with weights (or you can not use weights...I didn't b/c I can't find mine), and then some stretching at the end. It's low impact so if you're looking for something more with jumping etc this isn't it. I liked it, and it's a good beginner system to use since it's easy to follow.

Oh thanks for this info.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Thats what I want to know. I saw the dvds at the store and was going to get them but I don't know too much about them...hmmm maybe I can find it on youtube
    I do know that they have clips of them on youtube. May not be a whole workout though.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    If you have NetFlix, just get them off there. Or if you have OnDemand, I believe the 1 and 2 mile workouts are on the ExerciseTV section. I'm cheap, so I'm trying to avoid purchasing a bunch of DVDs lol.